Prompted for restart

exile360

FYI, after installing the new version I was prompted to restart my system.

• I initiated the update via the Check for updates link under Settings>About.
  • It downloaded the update and I thought had installed it as it then said it was up to date after the download.
  • A few minutes later I reopened the main UI from the tray and saw a notice in the main dashboard that a new version was available.  I clicked the button to install it.
  • The installer launched and I selected the advanced option and disabled the setting to create a desktop shortcut and continued.
  • The installation completed and I then received a modal prompt that my system needed to be restarted which featured the drop-down menu to delay it and set when I would be reminded and I selected the maximum, 1 day.

I previously had the latest build before the new beta installed.

I'm running Windows 10 x64 20H2.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I was prompted to restart my system.

I made sure to close everything first.

28 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I selected the advanced option and disabled the setting to create a desktop shortcut and continued.

I do not do that.

29 minutes ago, exile360 said:

I previously had the latest build before the new beta installed.

Same here.

But I did not need a restart.

I got a notice about a new update. And inside this popups it said it could make an restart so I waited to do this, because I had other things to work with. After the upgrade It popped up the installation progress like it does when you re-install or install MB from the beginning. No restart was needed.

• Root Admin

Messages I received

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

It removed some old services and created new ones

image.png

image.png

As this was a new install the Tray Icon also showed the following which is normal

image.png

I had multiple programs open at the time (not recommended when doing any installs) but had no issues with the install.

• Thanks 1