FP - Malware.Heuristic.1008 - GAMELOFTSA.Asphalt8Airborne.dll

JulesVerne

Hi,

I think the following file is a false positive.  It belongs to the game Asphalt8 Airborne downloaded from the Windows Store.  Previously this file was not detected as Malware.  It was a generic detection with heuristics enabled (Malware.Heuristic.1008).  I determined that the "expert system algorithms" setting under the Security tab is to blame for detecting this as malware.  Turning that setting off, the file is not detected as malware.  I uploaded it also to online scanning websites (e.g.: virustotal) and they did not detect anything in the file.  Just thought I let you guys know.

GAMELOFTSA.Asphalt8Airborne.zip

• AdvancedSetup changed the title to FP - Malware.Heuristic.1008 - GAMELOFTSA.Asphalt8Airborne.dll

Hi,

Thank you for responding.  Just my luck, the game updated again last night and when I ran a scan on the game folder with Malwarebytes Update Package Version 1.0.39935, it detected both GAMELOFTSA.ASPHALT8AIRBORNE.DLL and GAMELOFTSA.ASPHALT8AIRBORNE.EXE as Malware.Heuristic.1008.  I'm attaching those files here a long with the report file. I'm not sure what is in those executable files that causes Malwarebytes to detect them as potential Malware (with the Heuristics enabled).  The game is legit and downloaded from the Microsoft Store so they should be safe but I figure you guys can verify that for me.

GAMELOFTSA.Asphalt8Airborne.zip fpresult.txt

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, MrWindDog said:

i already turned that off, it still didn't change, when deleting the files, it didn't make a difference in unity or the application

Then we need a log from Malwarebytes showing the detection's so it can be whitelisted.

You can find Scan and Protection logs within the Malwarebytes 4 program in the following location

image.png

RTP stands for Real-Time Protection and is where automatic protection operations would normally be logged

image.png

If you click on the View option you should get something similar to the following with other options available.

image.png

Thank you