May need a checkup.

Go to solution Solved by kevinf80,

Hello,

I'd like some help again to check if my pc is infected, i've downloaded some files again and I became paranoid over it.

But the main thing I really want to check is if adobe flash player is uninstalled, I installed it briefly for something and then tried to remove it but I'm not sure if its gone for good or if it could still be a security risk.

I was also wondering about activeX being installed or if theres anything to worry about that.

Anyway I would appreciate it if someone can go through this with me.

Cheers

Jorge

Hello JorgeBon,

Run the following scan, lets see if anything shows up:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status... If English is not your primary language Right click on FRST/FRST64 and rename FRSTEnglish/FRST64English

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)[/b

• Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
    user posted image

• Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Thank you,

Kevin

Hello @JorgeBon

Adobe Flash Player is not an installed program, it is added to your Browser. Your Default browser is Firefox, open Tools - Add-ons and Themes - Plugins, From there you will see if Adobe Flash Player is active, if so access the 3 dots at the end of the entry, from there you can deactivate etc...

Does that help....?

Thank you,

Kevin..

**Edit** Adobe has an uninstaller for flash player - https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

URL checks out clean at VirusTotal - https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/d50d6f7c9de60501d5fa106a8d9c5af6292c47ff96c4c88c7ea5c7a0da0a4617/detection

Edited by kevinf80

I'm not exactly sure what I got then, its not in the firefox browser, I got the adobe flash player by following this video.

I did it to check out an old game on newgrounds, the newgrounds player provided a program to install adobe, but its broken so that's where I followed this video.

This is why I'm confused if its still in the system or not, the player required me to use a compability mode (Windows XP Service Pack 3) to install it and to make the newgrounds player work.

I can't tell if its in any browser or not.

Cheers,

Jorge

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1: This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

user posted image

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you