MB blocking PIA-service.exe

RobertD84

Not sure how long this has been going on, but MB is blocking a PIA service app again.. and I read this exact same thing happened before, claiming a worm, yet in my case it is claiming a Trojan when connecting to an IP source located in the Netherlands. I don't know why PIA is constantly sending out a connection to a Netherlands based IP every five minutes but its annoying to say the very least.

Is this a definition mistake?

Interesting.. I check for updates to Malwarebytes from the system tray, and it finds one and installs it. Required a MB service restart.

MB version before update: 4.3.0

MB version after update: 4.3.0

What are these shenanigans?

Anywho.. no more conflicts with PIA as of the past 10 minutes.

2 hours ago, RobertD84 said:

Interesting.. I check for updates to Malwarebytes from the system tray, and it finds one and installs it.

2 hours ago, RobertD84 said:

What are these shenanigans?

Anywho.. no more conflicts with PIA as of the past 10 minutes.

When you updated, the Component version changed. You had 1.0.1251 and it upgraded to, 1.0.1273

2021-04-26_23h43_26.png

Edited by Porthos

Yeah, I jumped the gun without checking for updates. I just installed MB on a fresh copy of W10 two weeks ago. I figured it would have automatically stayed up to date on its own. I know definitions update daily, but it runs 24/7 and I didn't have any notification of an update.

16 minutes ago, RobertD84 said:

Yeah, I jumped the gun without checking for updates. I just installed MB on a fresh copy of W10 two weeks ago. I figured it would have automatically stayed up to date on its own. I know definitions update daily, but it runs 24/7 and I didn't have any notification of an update.

It will in time, however new versions are metered out to users gradually over time, but if you wish to avoid the wait you may open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings and click on the Install Application Updates button and the new version should be downloaded and offered to you to install or you may download and install it manually from here if you prefer.

I hope this helps, and if you have any trouble or there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.