Malwarebytes started detecting "Malware.AI", this is the only detection

davidv

Hello,

One of components of our product started being detected by Malwarebytes as "Malware.AI" on virustotal.

It shows in some undeterministic manner (once its shown, once it is not). For 64 bit this is the only one detection.

I believe this is a mistake, those files are in safe use since 2019. File is attached below, password is false_positive

I hope this fill be fixed soon.

Best regards
David

false_positive.zip

4 minutes ago, davidv said:

One of components of our product started being detected by Malwarebytes as "Malware.AI" on virustotal.

The attached file is not detected by the consumer or commercial versions of Malwarebytes.

The engine format and configuration in VirusTotal is different than the consumer and corporate products’ default configuration. In VirusTotal Malwarebytes uses a command-line engine with different configuration and detection techniques/heuristics which might detect more than the commercial product. There are also false-positive suppression mechanisms in the commercial product which are not present in the command-line engine in VirusTotal.

This will eventually fix itself in Virustotal as well, as Malwarebytes has no control over this. Virus Total is having trouble reaching Malwarebytes cloud.

Yes, with virustotal only.

How about other files that are 1-2 years old, have 0-1 detections on virustotal and started to be shown on virustotal yesterday?

Is current issue affecting only files reported here, or it also affects unreported false detections?

I see that some other files from my other projects are now shown on VT with different "Malware.AI.xyz" numbers starting 2021-04-15 as only detection and I am not sure if I should report them here or there is ongoing issue with such detections and will be resolved automatically?

• Staff

You can report them here and we can double check them. The AI system most of the time resolves itself within 24 hours but we can be proactive if we have a vt report or file and double check them. Easiest and quickest way would be to give us all the files you want checked in a zip attached here or PM if they are private. I believe most of this was addressed with Miekemoes in the pm though.