Im having this problem as well. I have an assurance wireless umx, model U693CL. G21 news is constantly popping up as my homepage. I change it constantly, it always goes right back. I've also noticed that I'm getting new pages in new tabs that are ads for games. How do I stop this. I'm ok when it comes to phones but need someone to help walk me through.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, TookieLaRue said:

Im having this problem as well. I have an assurance wireless umx, model U693CL. G21 news is constantly popping up as my homepage. I change it constantly, it always goes right back. I've also noticed that I'm getting new pages in new tabs that are ads for games. How do I stop this. I'm ok when it comes to phones but need someone to help walk me through.

The UMX phones from Assurance (mine too) have had viruses on and off for the past couple years that are usually factory installed in system apps that can be disabled but not removed.  If you disable, you will lose functionality of that part of the system which may or may not be an issue. 

Several times UMX cleared the viruses off the phones with an update, but after a few months a new virus appeared.  I had the g21news.com virus in Dec/Jan, but then an update took it away so it seems that my phone has been virus free for the past few months.  If you get a new phone or do a factory reset the phone will update, but it may be several updates behind so you may have to go through the update process to manually check for updates and let them install two or three times until it says that you have the most current version.  I think you may need to get to the most current update and then your phone will be virus free at least for now.

We've been working on the UMX U693CL viruses in this thread: 

• Thanks 2
  • 4 weeks later...

The very same problem has been manifesting itself all over my UMX U693CL  Assurance Wireless issued phone as well.   Many Thanks to all involved with this comment thread and the process of eliminating this preprogrammed malware, I will attempt the factory reset action A.S.A.P. then come back and post my findings and it's effectiveness.

• Like 1