Malwarebytes Privacy will not connect

Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

• Root Admin

Hello @ABunny

You still have a few errors in the Event Logs. Including a network issue and a Windows Defender antivirus issue.

System errors:
=============

Error: (04/26/2021 11:34:23 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig) (EventID: 10003) (User: NT AUTHORITY)
Description: WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped unexpectedly.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelIHVRouter06.dll

Error: (04/26/2021 11:34:23 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig) (EventID: 10003) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (04/26/2021 11:34:21 AM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig) (EventID: 10003) (User: NT AUTHORITY)

Error: (04/26/2021 11:33:40 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7034) (User: )
Description: The Brother Workflow Application Controller service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Error: (04/26/2021 11:33:40 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7034) (User: )
Description: The Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Interface Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Description: The BrYNSvc service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Description: The Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Error: (04/26/2021 11:33:40 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7031) (User: )
Description: The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 30000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Windows Defender:
================

Date: 2021-04-26 09:55:41
Description:
Microsoft Defender Antivirus scan has been stopped before completion.
Scan Type: Antimalware
Scan Parameters: Quick Scan

Date: 2021-04-25 10:54:09
Description:

Date: 2021-04-23 10:32:52
Description:

Date: 2021-04-21 11:30:47
Description:

Date: 2021-04-20 11:47:35
Description:

Please open Windows Defender and check for updates and perform a Quick Scan

Let me know if there are any issues doing that

• Root Admin

Hi @ABunny

Let me have you update to the latest Intel Network Drivers and see if that corrects the errors in the Event Logs for the networking

Please make a new System Restore Point
Then download and install the latest Intel Driver for your network card

Intel® Network Adapter Driver for Windows® 10
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016/Intel-Network-Adapter-Driver-for-Windows-10

Detailed Description

What's new

The Microsoft Windows* download package has been split into a driver package and an Intel® PROSet package.  The driver package must be installed prior to installing the Intel® PROSet package.

The image you showed me before shows this is your wired network card

Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-LM

image.png

Download both of these files

image.png

Then download the following driver for your Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8260 network card

Windows® 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel® Wireless Adapters
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30279/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

The image you showed me before shows this is your wireless network card

image.png

image.png

After installing both of these network drivers please restart your computer. Then run the FRST program again and click on SCAN and post back both new logs.

Thank you

1 hour ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Is this a Dell OptiPlex 7440 All-In-One computer?

Yes, it is. I haven't changed the DNS settings back from the Google ones. Should I do that or leave it as the Google ones?  I will do the above and post when completed.

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @ABunny

You still have a few errors in the Event Logs. Including a network issue and a Windows Defender antivirus issue.

Please open Windows Defender and check for updates and perform a Quick Scan

Let me know if there are any issues doing that

I checked for updates and performed a Quick Scan which found no threats. 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:50 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Hi @ABunny

Let me have you update to the latest Intel Network Drivers and see if that corrects the errors in the Event Logs for the networking

After installing both of these network drivers please restart your computer. Then run the FRST program again and click on SCAN and post back both new logs.

Thank you

Hi. I'm so sorry for the delay getting this done. I've completed the steps you gave and posted the new files below.

Addition.txt FRST.txt

• Root Admin

I believe the BrotheriPrint&Scan software is probably causing these errors. If the software is working for you then you can probably ignore the error.
If you're not using it then I'd suggest uninstalling it.

File Name    WorkflowAppControl.exe
Software Developer    Microsoft
File Type    
File Location    C:Program Files (x86)BrotheriPrint&Scan
Software    NetworkAppControl

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [BrStsMon00] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Browny02\Brother\BrStMonW.exe [2976256 2018-01-19] (Brother Industries, Ltd.) [File not signed]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [BrotherSoftwareUpdateNotification] => C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother\SoftwareUpdateNotification\SoftwareUpdateNotificationService.exe [3581952 2017-04-05] (Brother Industries, Ltd.) [File not signed]

Startup: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\iPSNotifier.lnk [2021-04-11]
ShortcutTarget: iPSNotifier.lnk -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Brother\iPrint&Scan\iPSNotifier.exe (Brother Industries, Ltd.) [File not signed]

Application errors:
==================

Error: (05/03/2021 12:09:58 PM) (Source: WorkflowAppControl) (EventID: 32767) (User: )
Description: Start Broadcast Receiver Server...

Error: (05/03/2021 12:09:58 PM) (Source: WorkflowAppControl) (EventID: 32767) (User: )
Description: Wait Workflow Commands request from device.

Description: Start Server...

Description: Start Server...

Description: Host.AddressList[1]: 127.0.0.1

Description: Host.AddressList[0]: ::1

Description: Host.AddressList.Length: 2

Description: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ipString

Let's go ahead and try reinstall Malwarebytes Privacy VPN and see if we can get it working now. For now don't install the main Malwarebytes program. We'll install that again soon too.

Please download and run the installer to your system.. Then locate the downloaded installer and run it and activate Malwarebytes Privacy VPN

Let me know if it works now or not and if not please post a screenshot of the error or issue.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbprivacy-online

Thank you @ABunny

On 5/3/2021 at 6:49 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

I believe the BrotheriPrint&Scan software is probably causing these errors. If the software is working for you then you can probably ignore the error.
If you're not using it then I'd suggest uninstalling it.

Let's go ahead and try reinstall Malwarebytes Privacy VPN and see if we can get it working now. For now don't install the main Malwarebytes program. We'll install that again soon too.

Please download and run the installer to your system.. Then locate the downloaded installer and run it and activate Malwarebytes Privacy VPN

Let me know if it works now or not and if not please post a screenshot of the error or issue.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbprivacy-online

Thank you @ABunny

The Brother software was causing problems before I wiped the computer, but it has been working ok since the reinstall.

I downloaded the MBPrivacy and it works! I changed the VPN server location several times and went to different addresses and no error message popped up. Thank you so much!

Should I now download the main Malwarebytes program?

On 5/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, AdvancedSetup said:

Yes, please download and reinstall Malwarebytes and activate it. Then restart the computer and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes and let me know if you have anymore issues or not.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb-windows

Thanks @ABunny

Hello. Sorry for the delay again. I downloaded Malwarebytes, restarted the computer and ran the scan and it found no threats. Privacy seems to be working well. It just updated its software. Is there anything else I should do or scans to run and reports to send? 

Thank you so so so so much!

• Root Admin
  • Solution

Excellent, glad to hear that everything is working well again now. You're quite welcome for the assistance.

We should be done here now unless you have any other questions or issues I can assist you with @ABunny

Please have a great rest of your week. Take care and stay safe out there.

Cheers

20 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Excellent, glad to hear that everything is working well again now. You're quite welcome for the assistance.

We should be done here now unless you have any other questions or issues I can assist you with @ABunny

Please have a great rest of your week. Take care and stay safe out there.

Cheers

Everything seems to be working fine. You've been brilliant. Thank you so much for all of your help. I've already sung the praises of Malwarebytes to loads of people. 

Have a great day and stay safe as well  =)

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1