Does Browser Guard block spam chrome notifications?

Compu-tutor
Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

Recently at our company a couple of our clients have been dealing with spam Antivirus notifications coming from Chrome (as demonstrated in the image below) and we have been looking for a solution to prevent and stop these spam notifications from occurring.  With that said, my question is that does Malwarebytes Browser Guard prevent these fake "your PC has been Infected" spam notifications from occurring, if the user somehow allowed Chrome to allow notifications from the spammer's URL beforehand.  And if not, is it possible to create a blocklist so that Browser Guard blocks a spam URL from displaying  fake pop-up notifications in the future.

chrome notifications.PNG

• Solution
39 minutes ago, Compu-tutor said:

we have been looking for a solution to prevent and stop these spam notifications from occurring. 

It sounds like an issue with the push notifications feature in Chromium based browsers (which includes MS Edge).  Please see if the instructions in this Malwarebytes Labs article help or not.

Please let us know how it goes and if the issue still persists.

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Compu-tutor said:

my question is that does Malwarebytes Browser Guard prevent these fake "your PC has been Infected" spam notifications from occurring

NO, See above solution, Personally I turn off notifications on all browsers.

Edited by Porthos