I am in dire straits, computer lock out

Go to solution Solved by AdvancedSetup,

• Root Admin

Create the Windows 10 USB thumb drive with the Window Media tool. I think you have already done that.

Then download the FRST program onto the good computer

Then insert the USB thumb drive into the good computer and copy the FRST program onto the USB thumb drive too

Then boot up the Bad computer with the USB thumb drive.

Then find, and access the FRST64.EXE program - probably on D:

• Confused 1
  • Root Admin

No, FARBAR is a single EXE file that you need to download. Then AFTER you create the USB thumb drive Windows 10 installer, you copy the FRST64.exe to that USB drive.

How to Create Installation Media for Windows 10 | Microsoft

Windows Media Creation Tool

https://aka.ms/windows10

FARBAR - FRST program

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Then, AFTER you have finished creating the Windows 10 USB installer on the USB thumb drive, copy FRST64.EXE to that same USB drive.

Then remove the USB disk. Put it into the bad computer and boot from that USB disk. You may need to go into the BIOS / UEFI settings to access the boot menu to show the USB boot option.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

okay so i did do it right. 

however my file was incorrect cause of a copy.

it was.........frst64 (2).exe

sorry for the headache. 

hit me when ever cause i only sleep 5 hours out of every 48

when you wanna get it done and i will get on.

FRST.txt

Edited by AdvancedSetup
removed phone due to privacy concerns
  • Root Admin

Thank you for the log @Allenmrrill

The good news is that there are no obvious signs of an infection or encryption going on. It would appear that something else is probably preventing the computer from starting up properly.
Another good thing is that there appear to be some Restore Points on the system that you can try to recover to which should restore the computer back to a working condition again.

==================== Restore Points  =========================

• Restore point date: 2021-03-25 06:18
  • Restore point date: 2021-03-26 11:26
  • Restore point date: 2021-04-02 21:25
  • Restore point date: 2021-04-05 21:48

If  you can start the computer into Safe Mode you may be able to do it that way. If it won't go into Safe Mode then you can boot from the USB Windows installer disk you made and use that.

From SAFE MODE:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Choose Troubleshoot from the Choose an Option screen

image.png

Under Troubleshoot choose Advanced options

image.png

Under Advanced options choose System Restore

image.png

image.png

Place a check mark on the Show more restore points to see all available restore points

image.png

Then try working from newest restore point to oldest restore point and see which one if any of them work for you or not

If you cannot get into Safe Mode from the PC then boot from the USB Windows 10 install disk you made

Click on the Next button

image.png

That will bring up the following screen - Click on the Repair your computer link

image.png

Then go through the options as shown above for Safe Mode and perform the System Restore

Let me know how that works out

Thank you

• Root Admin

I'm simply trying to get you back into the computer. If you're afraid or don't want to get back in then you can format the drive and reinstall Windows clean.

The following is not approved or recommended by Malwarebytes - this is just a video I saw online and is not an endorsement. You choose if you want to use it or not.

How to reset forgotten password in Windows 10

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/860615004cc89afb126122dc610903fa1a21b9769e5431568d0c5adcf22fe1cd/detection

Approved Microsoft methods, but rarely seem to work for most users.

Change or reset your Windows password
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-or-reset-your-windows-password-8271d17c-9f9e-443f-835a-8318c8f68b9c

Reset your Windows 10 local account password
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/reset-your-windows-10-local-account-password-86912508-e584-37cc-86eb-6e9b0542b5ba

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information

i am lost... these pages mess me up..

Thank you Advance Setup; i was successful in restoring everything as well as the Virus i have been fighting. My hacker says Hello... LOL what a nut he is...

But in the thick of it you were very professional and very understanding. I dont know how to give you an achievement award so i will settle with the work is its own award... I think that sucks but it is to hard to communicate in this forum. if you have any idea how to get rid of this virus that malware bytes can even control or find let me know... thanks again... 

• Root Admin

Well, now that you're into the computer and is running again let me get new logs and we'll see what we can do to fix it.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you