Do I need another AV with MB?

Greetings,

You don't require an additional AV on top of Malwarebytes, however if you run Windows 10 on your Mac you may keep the built in Windows Defender enabled alongside it if you wish (though likewise, it is not required).

As for what Malwarebytes protects against compared to other AVs; on top of the standard threats and malware that target Macs, Malwarebytes also guards against PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) which includes the likes of adware, spyware and other less malicious forms of undesirable software which are often not targeted by most AVs.

I hope that addresses your concerns and questions, and if there is anything further we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

• Like 2

@M_S

Since using Mac my protection has consisted of:

• AdwareMedic
  • became the first version of Malwarebytes
  • evolved into the current Malwarebytes Premium  which added several layers of protection.

I am also scrupulous in surfing the internet.

For internet browsing I only use Safari and Ka-Block! (Free Ad-Blocker) as the only extension in addition to the safe browsing of Safari and the prevention of website monitoring (always included in Safari)

For more blocks you can evaluate 1Blocker (more than excellent but it is paid)

• No use of Torrent
  • No use of Streaming (falsely free)
  • or other similar things

Never infected with malware.

I hope I was helpful

Good day

Massimiliano

• Like 1

• Staff

I'd reinforce the recommendation of an ad blocker. Browser Guard is great, as it'll do ad blocking, tracker blocking, and malicious site blocking, but there's no Safari version of it yet. I use Browser Guard in Chrome and Firefox, but Safari is my main browser of choice, and I use 1Blocker there.

1 hour ago, treed said:

I'd reinforce the recommendation of an ad blocker. Browser Guard is great, as it'll do ad blocking, tracker blocking, and malicious site blocking, but there's no Safari version of it yet. I use Browser Guard in Chrome and Firefox, but Safari is my main browser of choice, and I use 1Blocker there.

@treed

I got the MB web Guard and Avast online security Extension (using chrome, I don't use Safari).

Thank you and thanks to everyone for the help!

All I run is MWB Premium and AdGuard (lifetime standard) on the iMac. No issues.  Apple tech support recommended MWB years ago and I have used it ever since.  I tried others in the interim but found them to be tedious. I found AdGuard to be better than some of the other ad blockers I tried that are out there.  

• Like 1