Help with an Android Virus

Good morning everyone, This is my first post here and the truth is that I am very concerned about an APK that has been downloaded without asking and consent from a web page, to my mobile

I will explain myself. I was browsing the internet and the website I was on had pop-up windows that I obviously constantly remove.

One of them seemed harmless to me, but when it pop-up again for the second time, Chrome asked me if I wanted to download it again. I got very worried, download something again? I have not downloaded anything and also in the download directory there wasnt anything.

As I was already afraid of the worst, I began to do tests with that page that managed to download an APK on my mobile without permission, I discovered that it was downloaded without requesting it and that it erased itself or disappeared in a minute. I want to make it clear that I didnt install the APK, but the fact that it disappeared / deleted by itself made me worry a lot.

I supposed that the system itself could be the one that was deleting it but I downloaded another different and legitimate APK(I didn't installed) and it was not deleted.

Therefore, there are only two options left, the apk is activated by itself without touching anything or the system detected that the apk was malicious and deleted it.

My mobile is a redmi note 9 pro, it was not rooted, it was new one, to avoid problems I have decided to do a factory reset, but I am still worried about whether the virus is still there. I also analyzed the APK with virustotal, here I leave the analysis https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/2778fb84d1db7bb27792cf3588090c76c0f8007cdcd89af3e00dd23deaed52b4/detection

I used antivirus before the factory reset like avast, avg and malwarebytes, but it didnt find anything wrong.

I insist that I didnt install the APK, is my phone in danger? the factory reset is enough? Should I flash it to avoid the problem as much as possible? The thing that realy bugs me is that the apk dissapeared after the auto download.

Thank you very much for your attention and your answers

And sorry for my bad english

Hi @Dges,

If you didn't install, you are probably fine.  However, if you want me to double check, you can send me an Apps Report.

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1. Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.
  2. Tap the Menu icon.
  3. Tap Your apps.
  4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.
  5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included.

At this point, it would be very helpful to mention you are submitting via recommendation from the Malwarebytes forum.  This allows our support staff to know where to direct it.

By sending the Apps Report, you will create a ticket in our support system.

Private Message (PM) me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

Nathan