Continuous loop of WIndows updates?

• Root Admin

Nope, you did just fine. That simply made a restore point as requested. The name makes no difference.

Okay, please right click on the Malwarebytes Tray icon and Exit out of Malwarebytes.

Then click on "Check for updates" on the Start Menu and have Windows Check for any updates and let me know what it says or show me a screenshot

Thanks

6 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Nope, you did just fine. That simply made a restore point as requested. The name makes no difference.

Okay, please right click on the Malwarebytes Tray icon and Exit out of Malwarebytes.

Then click on "Check for updates" on the Start Menu and have Windows Check for any updates and let me know what it says or show me a screenshot

Thanks

just checking it's the right section because of language difference: (see pic)

If I click on "verifica disponibilità aggiornamenti" 3 downloads were starting. I stopped them, now if I go back there it gives me the option to start them again and reboot (second picture)

upd.PNG

upd2.PNG

11 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Please do not stop or interrupt the downloads. Once it actually starts the update process if you force reboot that can easily break the computer and may you have to make a fresh install of Windows to fix it.

Just be patient and let them run

Thanks

Hi,

no, I don't mean I stopped the actual update process while rebooting and downloading the update: I stopped the "check for updates" there while at 0% (on the Windows Update page as per first screenshot above). I did it because I was not sure it was the right step as I had received no command to do so yet. I guess must be very tired and should go to bed now.

Anyway, tried to restart and it still repeats the same "installing updates, automatic restart, deleting installed updates" loop. And if I go back to the Windows Update page again it still shows that error 0x80070002.

I must add that apart from this pc is not showing any other issue.

11 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @PclPcl

Following up to see how things are going. Do you still need any additional assistance?

Please post a status update when you have a moment

Thank you

Hello,

thanks for asking. "Offline work" has got in the way, however when I can I will try following the procedures you suggested (in the links you posted) to end the loop,

as despite your kind assistance (thanks again) I still get the same error 0x80070002 message.

Will let you know.

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks