finding VPN

NonnaC
Go to solution Solved by exile360,

• Staff

Greetings,

You'll find a link to download Malwarebytes Privacy under your account at My.Malwarebytes.com.  Log in there, or sign up if you haven't done so already by following the instructions in this support article.

Once you're logged in, you should see Malwarebytes Privacy listed with a green Download button shown.  Click the button to start the download and run the installer once the download completes and follow the onscreen instructions to install the program.

Please let us know how it goes and if you run into any problems.

Thanks

• Staff

Sorry, I'm a bit confused.  Are you trying to download the Mac version or the Windows version of Malwarebytes Privacy VPN?

If you are looking for the Windows version and didn't find a download button for Privacy listed under your account at My.Malwarebytes.com, please try downloading it from here; the same link can be found around the middle of this page where it says Already have a license and need to download/install Malwarebytes Privacy?.  I don't have a direct link for the Mac version so I will have to ask where it is located.

25 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Yes, but that requires entering an email to start a free trial.  Is there not a direct link as there is for the Windows version for existing users/licensees?

Not that I'm aware of. Shouldn't be an issue for the OP to enter their email address, which would be necessary to establish a MyMalwarebytes account anyway.

26 minutes ago, NonnaC said:

I have already used the "free trial."  I have upgraded the subscription.  I want to put the VPN on my computer.

Sorry, I'm still confused. If you have already downloaded and used the "free trial" of Malwarebytes Privacy (not the Malwarebytes app) then it's already on your computer. You just need to activate the license on your MyMalwarebytes page.

• Staff

The link to download the Mac version can be found here and detailed instructions on installing and activating it can be found in this support article.

• Once you've downloaded the application, double-click on it to run it
  • You should then see a pop-up window
  • In the window, drag and drop the Malwarebytes Privacy icon into the Applications folder
  • In the Applications folder double-click the Malwarebytes Privacy icon then click Open when prompted to confirm
  • In Malwarebytes Privacy click Get Started and enter your license key in the field provided on the Enter license key page then click Activate
  • Toggle the switch to the On position to enable the VPN
  • Once the System Extension Blocked pop-up is displayed, click Open Security Preferences
  • In the General tab of the Security & Privacy window click the lock icon to make changes
  • Enter your password when prompted and select Unlock
  • Click Allow to enable Malwarebytes Privacy to load
  • Click Allow once more when prompted to add Malwarebytes Privacy VPN configurations
  • Malwarebytes Privacy should then enable and connect to the VPN servers, indicating your connection is private once it successfully does so

If it doesn't enable/connect, open System Preferences from the dock and click Security & Privacy and select the General tab then repeat the steps outlined above starting from clicking the lock icon to make changes and proceed once more with the remainder of the steps.

Please let us know if Privacy is now installed and working or not.

Thanks

I have a CenturyLink modem/router.  I had Malwarebytes VPN installed on my other computer, but had to take it all off because I am sending that computer to Apple for repair.  If I cannot install it on this laptop, I will not be able to put it on the other one when I get it back.

Alvarnell, I had the privacy software downloaded to another computer, while my son had borrowed this one. Hence the use of the "free trial."  Both computers belong to me, but I use this one for Bible study software and to administer online Bible Study groups.  I had to disable Malwarebytes on the other computer because it is being sent to Apple for repair. This laptop had never had the privacy software on it.  I use Malwarebytes because it was recommended by Apple.