Windows blocking MBAM at start up

I Have just installed and commenced using MBAM Free. It appears to be very good. Each time I start my PC I get an Error message from Windows Defender telling me that it has blocked MBAM at start up. Can you advise please?

I use Vista Home Premium SP2, and all security programmes and Vista are up to date.

The attached file contains a registry export that will fix the issue. Open the attached file, double click on the fix inside it, tell it 'Yes' when it asks if you want to import into the registry, and after it tells you it's done then restart your computer.

Thank you so much.. It has been getting a bit annoying with the popup every restart.. I appreciate the "ease of access" file! After all I've had to work with, not sure I"d feel comfortable messing with the registry.. atleast not right now.. So, thank you so much!

*Xts*

The attached file contains a registry export that will fix the issue. Open the attached file, double click on the fix inside it, tell it 'Yes' when it asks if you want to import into the registry, and after it tells you it's done then restart your computer.

Hi GT500,

The registry export didn't work for me. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit RTM.

I don't know if your key (below) was in the registry before running your patch. It wasn't after running it, but the UAC popup still happened after login.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)"

I did find a similar key (below) that looks like it lives in the part of the registry that provides keys for 32-bit apps running in a 64 Win 7. Deleting it fixed the popup for me.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (reboot)"="\"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\\mbam.exe\" /runcleanupscript"

Worked for me. YMMV, and be really careful when touching the registry.

Z.

Thank you GT 500. It worked for me also!

I have been struggling with this issue for the last two months, using advice from the BleepingComputer forums because my problem started with a Trojan and they suggested your MBAM tool. That helped with the virus but left me with the Windows Defender pop up, where they try to help, but probably my not so good english caused some kind of misinterpration of what my problem really was.

Thank you again

Hi GT500,

The registry export didn't work for me. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit RTM.

Yea, MBAM being 32-bit it does tend to put the run entry in the Wow6432Node, thus a .reg export from a 32-bit edition of Windows will only work on a 64-bit edition of Windows when imported into the registry using the 32-bit version of Regedit. :lol:

• 8 months later...

I tried to download it, and it says that the Zip is invalid... So here is what I did....

copy the following text into MBAM-FIX.REG

----------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware]

"useauthentication"=dword:00000001

----------------------------

Do not include the dashes, then save it, and double click your new MBAM-FIX.REG File and click continue, Yes, Allow, OK..

Any Questions?