Please let me disable SCAN COMPLETE notifications.

This has honestly become a dealbreaker for me.
I do not plan to renew my software license due to the fact that I will get SCAN COMPLETE notifications when I have notifications toggled off in the settings.

Seriously, who even cares about popup toast notifications for anti-malware software. The fact that they don't even auto close is total BS.

Devs if you're reading this, fix this ASAP. I could care less about any kind of notifications.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, notcoolMB said:

I will get SCAN COMPLETE notifications when I have notifications toggled off in the settings.

Welcome, Sorry you are having issues.

If you have the following toggled off in settings and get notifications, there seems to be an issue with the config files.

To fix that, And only do it with the following tool.

Please do the following Uninstall and reinstall using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Please have lots of patience with the tool.  The first phase is a cleanup and does require a Windows Restart.
After the Restart, it may take 2 - 3 - 4 minutes till the Support tool screen shows up.   Please be patient and have faith.  Wait for it, whatever it takes.
The 2nd phase is where it offers to do a new Install.

After the new install, toggle the setting off again.

Let me know if that clears up the issue or not. Be aware it will disable all notices.

2021-03-10_09h03_50.png

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

• Staff
On 3/10/2021 at 5:36 AM, notcoolMB said:

This has honestly become a dealbreaker for me.
I do not plan to renew my software license due to the fact that I will get SCAN COMPLETE notifications when I have notifications toggled off in the settings.

Seriously, who even cares about popup toast notifications for anti-malware software. The fact that they don't even auto close is total BS.

Devs if you're reading this, fix this ASAP. I could care less about any kind of notifications.

Hello @notcoolMB thank you for providing your feedback. Our product team and developers have been working hard to reduce the amount of unnecessary notifications and we continue to strive for excellence. We took a look at the issue you mentioned and determined we can do better here. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we've started discussing ways to improve this.

Edited by H4V0C
Work in progress

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Staff
13 hours ago, roverny said:

@H4V0C Hi Aaron,

You posted your response 3 months ago, was this fix put into the general release? I too have this issue and signed up just to the forums to try and find a fix!

As the OP said, I get the pop-up every single day, yet all my notifications are off. This is extremely frustrating. 

Hello @roverny @notcoolMB, apologies for missing this follow-up. As Porthos mentions in the previous response, this functionality is available with version 4.5. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 12:49 AM, roverny said:

Thank you @Porthos but a bit counterintuitive, isn't it? I know you didn't write it, but when I see "notify" and it's unchecked, I don't look any further, lol. I know, my bad, however, I bet that could be worded better. ;)

Just commenting here to say I agree, this is definitely not intuitively worded. I was about the uninstall Malwarebytes I was growing so irritated with the useless notifications that it had done nothing, and I had already been through that section of the UI.
The button is written to make it sound like it should be unchecked if you don't want to be notified that Malwarebytes has done nothing. It's also very well hidden, you already have a spot for notifications in settings so it seems logical that notifcation options would be... in notification options.

I must agree that this option is really hidden too much. For me shouldn't this be an option inside advanced options. Every time I re-install MB, I'm never sure where this option is placed.

I know it's should be inside scheduled scans. Because normal scans does popup even if nothing is found.

Edited by unknownguy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,
..and we love and appreciate the feedback🙂

We've moved the setting to the Notifications tab and have changed the copy to have it easy to understand, now it is on the production. 

We also did a transition of the current state of the settings, making sure that the changes will not affect existing users.

Edited by Katerina
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I have Malwarebytes Lifetime Licence and Malwarebytes version 4.6.7 and do not have the option to shut off annoying daily notification popups . ( Jan 14th 2024 ) Whatever happened to implementing an option to shut those off , it should be on the main screen when you open Malwarebytes , not hidden somewhere , these popups are getting really annoying to the point where I am getting the urge to uninstall .

3 hours ago, RheeSykler said:

I usually have it scan my PC once a day when idle , changed it to once a week just so I don't have to put up with those annoying popups , was thinking of going for once a month .

Turn on the setting " Hide notifications when scans complete without threats detected" in the notifications tab of the main settings screen.

I also suggest checking for updates as your version of MB is behind.

• Thanks 1