Random file that changed not sure if its malicious

• Root Admin

In your video above it looks very fast. Again, you could try doing a Reset of MS Edge to see if that helps.

You can also click on Start and type in  "Troubleshoot" and it should bring up the app to Troubleshoot and look for issue. Then have it scan for various issues and see if it finds any issues.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Well, at this point the computer does not show any signs of an infection and we have clean up quite a bit.

I would recommend bookmarking this link and read and review as you have time for ways to keep your data safe and better protect your privacy

Is there anything else I can assist you with then at this time?

• Root Admin

You might want to be careful on that specific setting. It will force the browser windows to always open in the exact same size even if you resize it.

It just needs to say True if you want it enabled

• Root Admin

It could be depending on what lock down settings you've chosen.

I basically make a couple changes. Then test it out a bit and make sure it hasn't made a change that bothers me aesthetically too much

• Root Admin

Actually uBlock Origin works very well just out of the box and don't make any changes.

But, all of these are only suggestions and is potentially quite confusing for new users of the program or technology. One does not have to setup or install any of these by default They're "suggestions" on things to possibly consider adding to your arsenal to help protect yourself.

One of the best things to do is ensure you have good solid backups. That way if something does happen your data is safe.

• Root Admin
Posted (edited)

Yes we do. However there are some legitimate, legal keyloggers used by business which we do not detect on purpose.

For something like that you'd need to run a scan with FRST to review

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information
  • Root Admin
Posted (edited)

Yes, on Browser Guard - it's doing it's job. The Web is full of spammy junk Ads and tracking junk everywhere.

uBlock Origin on my computer - installed a about a month or so ago as I fully reset my browser and reinstalled my plug-ins.

image.png

You might like 7-Zip an open-source archiver to manage .zip, .rar, .7z, etc.

https://www.7-zip.org/

Then take a look at the following program for your fans, etc.

Open Hardware Monitor
https://openhardwaremonitor.org/

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/5e238c36ae5f8a8ab9aa5e6fa3c568967d61953393384c7c8fd6370f8bc86b85/detection

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information
  • Root Admin

Please, do not touch files in the System Folders. You're messing with fire and could easily break the computer.

Leave detection of bad files up to antivirus scanners. A couple of files here and there are not going to hurt space or performance of  your computer but if you remove an important file it sure can make for a bad day.

ok thanks i was about to upgrade parts thinking that was the reason my computer was slow and also thanks for the fire fox recomandation it runs faster than google and less delayed when browsing.

• Root Admin

You're quite welcome for the assistance.

We do have a more extensive article on cleaning up Google Chrome. In theory it should be able to run as fast as Firefox

Please review the following when you have time.