aimp_4.70.2242-27874 New malware?

Hello:

This program exhibited some really strange and suspicious behavior.  The problems began trying to uninstall it, and after forcing uninstallation using RevoUninstaller.  The sample is attached in a zip file.

aimp_4.70.2242-27874

MD5   7fb06b5e173e8a32ed580d475189368b  :  

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/fcca5d362710415541caaccdcfac4c88d90b0db734f9721b9ec219892d84debb/details

AIMP_v4.70.2242.7z

Newest Malware Threats is where one submits malware or suspicious files.  You had posted a "text of experience" and I posted...

On 3/6/2021 at 5:59 PM, David H. Lipman said:

** If you believe you may be infected and would like assistance in getting your PC checked-out and cleaned, please reference:  I'm infected - What do I do now?  and then create a post in;  Windows Malware Removal Help & Support

Instead of following the directions in;  I'm infected - What do I do now?   you posted a sample submission.

In any case, from the Virus Total Report URL, the software was first submitted to Virus Total on 2021-02-01  and it is now March 8th.   The file has been known to Virus Total, and its participating vendors, for over a month with zero detections.  The file is digitally signed and is not malicious.

Edited by David H. Lipman
Edited for content, clarity, spelling and grammar