False positive for a weather map

BillReilly
Go to solution Solved by gonzo,

Hello:

I have a weather website (https://www.passageweather.com) that has thousands of weather maps that are updated several times a day... For some reason the zero hour map files (000.png) are getting blocked... Here's an example: https://www.passageweather.com/maps/transpac/wind/000.png

All other map files are okay, for example 003.png or 006.png... Only 000.png files get blocked.

Why is this happening?... I have users all over the world who depend on the weather forecasts and i can't afford to have these files blocked for no fault of mone.

Please help!

• Staff

Please make sure that you clear your cache.  Sometimes even an uninstall/reinstall of Browser Guard is required.  Hopefully clearing cache will be enough.

EDIT: I just added a second file-specific whitelist entry as well.

Edited by gonzo
added info

I just tried everything... First I cleared the cache and it was still blocking the 000.png images... Then I uninstalled Browser Guard and the images displayed correctly... I then installed Browser Guard again and the images are still blocked... I cleared the cache again but the images are still being blocked.

18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I spotted that too.  Do those maps feed a viewer or other program that depends on those filenames using the naming convention currently being used?

Yes, those filenames are necessary and have been this way for 15 years... They cannot be changed, that's not an option.