I'm an entry-level IT Professional (CompTiA A+, working on my Network+). I've recommended Malwarebytes + Microsoft Defender to clients for 4 years. But the current pricing on Malwarebytes is absolutely insane. I get the protection it offers is extremely high, but it's priced out of reach of a lot of people I work with. I recommend different antivirus and antimalware solutions depending on what people can afford, and Malwarebytes is quickly falling out of favor.

• Root Admin
Posted (edited)

Hello @GlacierIsland

Thank you for your feedback. We do have some lower cost offerings for Students. Our normal non-discounted price looks to be in the same range as most other competitors when not using discount pricing.

• Malwarebytes Premium = $39.96 one device, 1 year
  • Avast Premium Security = $69.99 one device, 1 year
  • Avira Antivirus Pro = $59.88 one device, 1 year
  • Bitdefender Antivirus Plus = $39.99 one device, 1 year
  • ESET Internet Security = $49.99 one device, 1 year
  • F-Secure Safe = $69.99 three devices, 1 year
  • Kaspersky Anti-Virus = $59.99 three devices, 1 year
  • Norton 360 Standard = $84.99 one device, 1 year
  • Webroot Antivirus = $39.99 one device, 1 year

We also offer discounts for shop owners that are selling our products if that's something you may be interested in.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information
  • Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @GlacierIsland

Thank you for your feedback. We do have some lower cost offerings for Students. Our normal non-discounted price looks to be in the same range as most other competitors when not using discount pricing.

• Malwarebytes Premium = $39.96 one device, 1 year
  • Norton 360 Standard = $84.99 one device, 1 year
  • Avast Premium Security = $69.99 one device, 1 year
  • Avira Antivirus Pro = $59.88 one device, 1 year
  • Bitdefender Antivirus Plus = $39.99 one device, 1 year
  • ESET Internet Security = $49.99 one device, 1 year
  • F-Secure Safe = $69.99 three devices, 1 year
  • Kaspersky Anti-Virus = $59.99 3 devices, 1 year

We also offer discounts for shop owners that are selling our products if that's something you may be interested in.

Thank you for the timely and detailed reply. My clients regularly use netbooks, 2 in 1 tablets, ARM-based machines, Chromebooks, and other low-powered computing devices for which traditional antivirus/anti malware solutions don’t apply. As such, I usually recommend Webroot or just an adblocker, Firefox, and safe browsing habits.

• Root Admin

For the most part (I'm sure there are some exceptions) the same price and product works on most of those devices from most vendors.

Oddly Webroot antivirus alone only supports Windows and Mac. One device, 1 year $39.99 - to support those other devices you mention you'd need to get their Internet Security Plus with Antivirus which is even more expensive. Three devices, 1 year $59.99

If you're happy with Webroot and your customers are happy then that's what ultimately matters most but on cost alone it is not saving them.

• Root Admin
Posted (edited)

Not really geared towards the ARM-based machines or Chromebooks but for those running a normal x86 PC device you may find the following article of some value in helping to keep your client's computers safe. Note that those with normal Windows 10 have Windows Defender as part of the OS and it's actually not too bad these days.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information