Malware.AI.2840659664 detected

Hi I've downloaded a mass downloading .exe file from github about 7-8 months ago called "gallery-dl" which is really useful as you can run it in your command prompt to download images off sites like imgur. I've ran a malwarebytes scan almost daily and found nothing everytime until yesterday where it detected 1 file threat named Malware.AI.2840659664. This freaked me out because I never thought something that was scanned daily for months on end could suddenly turn into malware. I'd just like confirmation that this file is indeed a false positive and if it's okay to not worry and continue use of the file in question. Thanks! I've zipped/rar'ed the file and attached it below. Insanely worried and would like reaffirmation that the .exe file is indeed safe.

Edited by shadowwar

Hello! Yeah it's really strange that I'm running my system scan as well as scanning the specific file again with malwarebytes and it's not picking up anything now as it was detecting it just yesterday as Malware.AI.2840659664. So yeah, I guess it must have been fixed already. Well I'm glad it wasn't malicious after all.

Just a few questions though: is malwarebytes version 4.3.0.98 the latest version? Just want to make sure my malwarebytes proper and up to date.

and I know this doesn't really matter anymore, but for future reference is there a reason why something that is safe for months on end from malwarebytes scans become suddenly flagged as malware? Just would like to know how to prevent something like this in the future

I also notice that the zip files posted by the thread creator usually become unavailable after the issue gets solved I presume so they cannot be downloaded again? If you could do that to this thread as well that'd be great as the problem is now solved! Many thanks for the reaffirmation.

26 minutes ago, jay177 said:

Just a few questions though: is malwarebytes version 4.3.0.98 the latest version?

Yes it is.

26 minutes ago, jay177 said:

but for future reference is there a reason why something that is safe for months on end from malwarebytes scans become suddenly flagged as malware?

The AI built in to Malwarebytes was the reason and since it is self learning it fixed  itself.

Being AI, it can produce false positives at times out of the blue.

28 minutes ago, jay177 said:

I also notice that the zip files posted by the thread creator usually become unavailable after the issue gets solved I presume so they cannot be downloaded again? If you could do that to this thread as well that'd be great as the problem is now solved! Many thanks for the reaffirmation.

Only authorized members/staff and the original poster can access the files in this section.

• 1 month later...