I have a virus or malware on my phone even factory reset has not helped

8 minutes ago, mbam_mtbr said:

That is browser related ads.  Which can be resolved with this method:

Clearing your history and cache within the browser.  In addition, clearing the Storage & Cache within the browser itself also helps:

1. Go to Settings > App Info
  2. Go to your browser app icon in App info list (Opera in your case) and click on it
  3. Once in your browser’s App info, go to Storage & cache
    1. Click Clear Storage
    2. Click Clear cache

If this is not the case, then there has to be an app on your mobile device causing this to occur.  The obvious starting point would be Opera.  If it's still occurring after uninstalling, then we know we need to look at other apps.  But after checking each app one by one, I did not find anything else that could be causing this.  Because you re-installed all apps from before the factory reset, then the app that is causing this is still on your mobile device.

Nathan

The link I send was the same issue I'm suffering  update your apps pop up

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the pop ups are not just happening with opera it was happening with other apps full screen pip ups across my home screen even when the app is not even open.that link I posted says it causes pop ups that look like there coming from and app.then you click update via that pop up and you install a trojan.thast why I haven't clicked update from all these weird pop ups.amd lastly if it was legit up date they would not be a different pop up each time.with different layouts and fonts. And I also have all notifications and updates blocked

It's a complete nightmare these andoid viruses are getting out of hand 

I've deleted  my precious opera lol.

But not deleted yahoo as I really need it as I'm waiting for an email. 

Could you explain if the pop ups are real them why are they different every time and why are they on my home screen.

And also why are they happening if I've got all notifications blocked and updates blocked?

Sorry for all the questions 

I'll try an go 5 days without opera its going to a really difficult to use the phone without all my bookmarks and speed dials 

But I'll be back to this thread in 5 days or before if the malware comes back telling me to update yahoo or another random app.thank you lastly should I send another report?