How do I install the IOS for Malwarebytes Premium?

TerryNeal
Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

I have purchased the annual license for Malwarebytes Premium. No problem installing VPN on Windows 10 desktop. It says I have up to 5 devices for installing. But when I attempt to install on IOS (iphone), I follow the instructions, but they do not work on the iphone as described. I want to use on iPad also. Both are up to date IOS. I would appreciate assistance please.

• Staff

Greetings,

Unfortunately, using Malwarebytes Premium on iOS devices requires purchasing the software directly from the Apple app store, and as Porthos mentioned above for Malwarebyes Privacy, it is not yet available for iOS however it is currently in beta testing.  Please refer to the below links for further information:

How can I purchase Malwarebytes for iOS?
About the iOS beta

Thanks for the reply. I thought that might be the case.

I'm disappointed that paying for Premium (which is for 5 "devices,") doesn't allow for use with IOS devices, as it is available for MAC OS.

$99 a year and it cannot include the IOS device $1.49 a month/$11.99? I thought that was why it was called Premium.

Oh, well.

• Staff

Unfortunately it's a restriction from Apple.  They don't allow apps to be purchased outside of their own app store due to their requirement for getting their cut of the profits as well as their requirements for apps to pass through their review and approval process.

• Staff

The iOS Privacy App should be available in 2 months.  When it is released a Privacy supscription will include iOS so no separate subscription will be necessary.

Premium should be able to support iOS without a separate subscription later this year.

11 hours ago, TerryNeal said:

I'm disappointed that paying for Premium (which is for 5 "devices,") doesn't allow for use with IOS devices, as it is available for MAC OS.

Perhaps you could let Apple know of your disappointment. Unfortunately they will only allow software for iOS devices too be downloaded and paid through them. All developers are saddled with this issue.

• Staff
12 hours ago, alvarnell said:

Perhaps you could let Apple know of your disappointment. Unfortunately they will only allow software for iOS devices too be downloaded and paid through them. All developers are saddled with this issue.

Actually, there are some other apps doing activation of a subscription through an account login, and Apple's allowing it, within certain limited parameters and assuming that in-app purchase is the only option for the user to buy within the app. We'll be giving this a try with Privacy, and hopefully Apple will approve it.