"ManagerAnalogd" will damage your computer

I have this pop up all the time. Even after I've scanned with Malwarebytes, it still pops up. I also have my search engine hijacked by Yahoo if I use Safari! I can't get rid of either, even after investing in Malwarebytes, it's made no difference!! Help. What can be done?

Please post a screen-shot of that pop up window. Sounds like it's coming from macOS Gatekeeper, but I'd like to be certain.

Check your /Applications folder for any app named "ManagerAnalogd". If you find it please upload it to https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/193-newest-mac-threats/ and then drag it to the trash.

Open Safari Preferences->Extensions and Uninstall any that you don't recognize.

Then see this item pinned to the top of the forum for information that should fix your search engine: 

Edited by alvarnell

Hi

I've attached the screen shot of 'all' the different pop up windows that I've had over the past couple of weeks. They seem to change in their message, but all are equally annoying!! As I said I also had yahoo take over my search engine on Safari. Seems to be ok with Chrome, but still every annoying!

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 14.27.26.png

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 17.22.38.png

Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 21.39.37.png

Did you check for Profiles? 

Profiles can be found by opening System Preferences, then clicking the Profiles icon. (If there isn’t a Profiles icon, you don’t have any profiles installed, which is normal.)

Would think so, too. I suspect the staff will have you download a tool to gather some information about you or setup and submit the results directly to them. I'm sure they are as anxious to get to the bottom of this as you are.

You can file a ticket, but it can take over a week for them to get back to you as they have a huge backlog. You'll have a better chance here when they come to work in six hours or so.

• Staff

Your first screenshot looks like a fake alert window, so I'm guessing this is some kind of pop-up generated by something on the website you were visiting. That's not malware, it's either a scam website or a site with a malicious ad in their advertising feed.

For the ManagerAnalogd item, we should already detect items similar to that, so please try doing a scan, quarantining anything that is detected, and restarting your computer, if you haven't done that already.

If you already did that, please follow the instructions here to run our support tool:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038519834-Upload-logs-to-your-ticket-using-the-Malwarebytes-Support-Tool-for-Mac

Please do not post the MWB_Info.zip file here, however. Start a support ticket and submit it there.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Then post your support ticket number here.

Did you get this dialog box when you double-clicked on MBST-Mac733970301_ScreenShot2021-02-26at03_25_33.thumb.png.53aae1faf5da492ce8f3217618a9644c.png

And then clicked the "Open" button? If so, it probably launched in the background behind another window. In that case the MBSt-Mac icon should be bouncing in your doc and clicking it would bring it to the foreground with this dialog box

766426194_ScreenShot2021-02-26at03_29_35.thumb.png.fa4fd3602e4ee9185d381b313193eb64.png

If you wait too long then the AppleScript will time out.

• Staff

If you double-clicked on that icon and nothing happened, then something is wrong on your end, but I can't say what that might be. Perhaps you double-clicked the wrong thing, or perhaps there's a problem with your computer. Try control-clicking the MBST-Mac app and choosing "Open" from the menu that appears, and see if that works better for you.

When I double click on the icon in 'downloads' the icon in the bar jumps up and down, but never actually does anything else?! I tried ctrl click and the same, the icon in the bar just jumped up and down as if it was going to open and nothing

As I mentioned earlier, the bouncing up and down can mean that there is a dialog box behind a window somewhere that's waiting for you to respond. Try clicking on the bouncing icon after giving it a bit of time and it should bring that dialog box to the foreground.