Performance Help

Cid

After the two times I've posted questions here, and both questions being answers very timely and very nicely; here I am again!

Here's the issue. I'm having random spikes in CPU usage for programs that I use all the time. The two most frequent being AIM and Skype. When I start them, they'll be using maybe 2-4 on the CPU in Task Manager. Then, after awhile, they will jump to 20-40. Then everything runs horribly. I reboot my computer, things go back to normal. Then more usage, and things drop right back into the crapper. Thanks to MB, I have no viruses, no spyware or anything like that.

Anyone have an ideas?

• Root Admin

Please try the following and if that does not help then you'll probably need to do scans for Malware again.

Click on START - RUN and copy / paste the entry below into the run line and click OK

CMD /C NETSH FIREWALL RESET

Click on START - RUN and copy / paste the entry below into the run line and click OK

CMD /C NETSH int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

CMD /C netsh winsock reset catalog