Hello,

I have 2 computers that use the same Google account to sync the data across devices, one Windows PC and one Macbook. I've been a victim to the annoying PuP Chrome Data sync where you delete the PuPs on one device (for this instance, it's my desktop which is Windows), but then when I go over to my Macbook and open Chrome, it Syncs the PuPs back onto the Chrome sync data and thus putting them back on my Windows desktop. I read the page on how to do it on Windows, and that worked successfully, but I was unable to find an article on how to do that same exact process on a Macbook so I can stop these sync data PuPs once and for all.

Thanks!

And I should mention: YES, I ran Malwarebytes on my Macbook when I'm positive there are PuPs on it. I only have two devices hooked up to this Google account, and it can't be my desktop because, with sync turned off on my Macbook, there's no PuPs detected on my Windows PC after I clear them. However, Malwarebytes is not detecting any PuPs when I run it on my Macbook.

10 minutes ago, madiemmy said:

However, Malwarebytes is not detecting any PuPs when I run it on my Macbook.

If you have concerns about Chrome on the Mac,

Nuke Chrome

In many cases, changes to Chrome may have been made that are non-trivial to fix. In such a case, it will be easier to completely remove Chrome and all data, then reinstall. To do this, delete all of the following items:

/Applications/Chrome.app
/Library/Application Support/Google/
/Library/Google/
~/Library/Application Support/Google/
~/Library/Google/
~/Library/Preferences/com.google.Chrome.plist

Be aware that this will delete all data for all Google apps you have installed, such as Chrome bookmarks. Export any data you want to keep beforehand.

If you're not sure how to find these folders, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu in the Finder, then paste one of those paths into the window that opens. Be sure to delete the correct item, as deleting the wrong item could cause data loss or even damage to your system or other apps.

After deleting all these files, restart the computer. Then re-download Chrome and reinstall. You will need to import any exported bookmarks or other data, and may need to reinstall any other Google apps that you use.

• Thanks 1