Suggestion for Browser Guard

Root_Kit_404
Go to solution Solved by gatortail,

I personally really enjoy using browser guard. I was thinking maybe it can have a feature to block insecure connections, like HTTPS-Everywhere. It would make the extension much more of a go-to for users if you get an all-in-one package of security for your browser. Just a suggestion, it would make choosing an extension much easier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reposting from a pruned thread I found via a Google search.
(Thanks for directions, AdvancedSetup)

While using browserguard, I was attempting to find a way to scan a bitly link, or at least find out where it lead, so that I could tell what the contents of a spam email actually lead to.

Sure, it's not necessary to include such a feature , but I avoided leaving a review because of it. Preventing people from going to suspicious websites works well, but the shortened urls we have today may make people simply avoid clicking them at all and removing the aura of mystery around what may actually be harmless links can give users an added level of comfort. A feature to scan a link with a right click option may also help people who are scared of long links, like a google document link for instance, not freak out when their alert center in their minds are a-sounding.

Wasn't sure where exactly on this forum to leave my comment so I apologize to the OP for possibly hijacking theirs.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 3/31/2021 at 7:42 PM, Drake075 said:

A feature to scan a link with a right click option may also help people who are scared of long links...

Wasn't sure where exactly on this forum to leave my comment so I apologize to the OP for possibly hijacking theirs.

Don't worry about it, its a valid suggestion. I would say it's a good idea, for now you can just roll the dice with online web scanners like Virustotal, URLVoid, or Quttera. Until they do add a feature like this, this is all you can do.

Edited by AdvancedSetup
corrected font issue and quote issue