Malware.AI quarantining went on another RAMPAGE on my network last night

Ralph_Edington

Once again, the "AI" protection subsystem went on a rampage on my network, deleting files and registry keys that it had no business deleting. At most, these should have been flagged as a "suspicious" but not deleted. ALL of these detections -- REMOVALS, actually -- are known good programs, needed programs, that have been there forever.  Now I have to spend the morning restoring and creating exclusions, which the Nebula console does not make easy.

Please, AI subsystem, could you PLEASE stop attacking my computers and deleting files that you suspect might be bad??????  This is just OUT OF CONTROL. 

We really, REALLY need a way to disable this "AI" nonsense.

Here are the detections:

Malware.AI.4180017738   
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.856630452    
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.856630452    
    Malware.AI.856630452    
    Malware.AI.856630452    
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.4180017738
    Malware.AI.2701700371

Signed,

Sick of this!!!!

OK, this is just too much. This AI module is continuing to quarantine files, even though have have clearly set up a directory exclusion.

Here's what JUST got quarantined:

image.thumb.png.19f97a2572e6bcaa172030966249c2bd.png

Here's the exclusion I set up two hours ago:

image.thumb.png.63ab6edb6cd0fbd7efe833b4c871ada1.png

Not sure about the registry setting, but there's no way that file under C:\SPEA\ should have been quarantined, when I have an exclusion now... Right????

HELP PLEASE, MAKE IT STOP

R

Thanks.  Actually I see from the timestamps that that quarantine was actually in the wee hours, before I set up quarantine. I was confused because the email about the quarantine for the PC came in two hours after I set up the exclusion.

What I would love to see: (1) Better control over whether "AI" category stuff is handled drastically, or only Warned on.  (2) A button I can click on each thing quarantined, which says "Restore from Quarantine and Add Exclusion for this incident?" -- all in one click. Then I almost couldn't complain about false quarantines. Right now it's a major pain. For instance -- that PC in my post, I've been trying to "Restore from Quarantine" for hours but it's still showing in the console as quarantined. what's up with that???

Thanks,

R