pondus

66.40.52.74 - Blocking Bleeping Computer?

I can't confirm that. Have you checked your HOSTS file to make sure that you are not being redirected?

I can't confirm that. Have you checked your HOSTS file to make sure that you are not being redirected?

And how would i do that? is this something you can see in a Hijack this log?

Can you please tell me the exact error message you are getting?

No error message, it is just MalwareBytes IP popup down by the computer clock " infection blocked IP 66.40.52.74 "

It is not always, happens now and then when i surf here BleepingComputer.com > Security > Breaking Virus & Security News

Just checked the site and we are not displaying anything from that ip range. Maybe one of the devs can chime in and let you know what that ip is blocked for.

Maybe one of the devs can chime in and let you know what that ip is blocked for.

Meaning?

This IP is on a Peer 1 IP range, and is blocked due to phishing, exploits, RFI's and malware. If you are seeing this IP (or any IP within the 66.40.52.* range), I STRONGLY recommend you get your machine checked for malware, especially due to the presence of domains known for banking phishing scams.

If possible, to help track down the domain being accessed, please run Fiddler whilst reproducing this for us (I can't reproduce this myself unfortunately);

www.fiddlertool.com

Once reproduced, you can save the log by either Edit > Select All, then Edit > Copy (and then pasting it to Notepad or some such), or File > Save > All Sessions.

This IP is on a Peer 1 IP range, and is blocked due to phishing, exploits, RFI's and malware. If you are seeing this IP (or any IP within the 66.40.52.* range), I STRONGLY recommend you get your machine checked for malware, especially due to the presence of domains known for banking phishing scams.

If possible, to help track down the domain being accessed, please run Fiddler whilst reproducing this for us (I can't reproduce this myself unfortunately);

www.fiddlertool.com

Once reproduced, you can save the log by either Edit > Select All, then Edit > Copy (and then pasting it to Notepad or some such), or File > Save > All Sessions.

Fiddler log

This is the culprit;

502	HTTP	amazingandrew.freehostia.com	/x.gif	515		text/html	iexplore:5560

This is the culprit;

502	HTTP	amazingandrew.freehostia.com	/x.gif	515		text/html	iexplore:5560

Meaning? noting wrong in my computer and Malwarebytes is working correct?

That is correct, yes. You can ignore this, I've got contacts over at Freehostia, so will get this resolved.

That is correct, yes. You can ignore this, I've got contacts over at Freehostia, so will get this resolved.

supert, by the way, did full scan with

CCleaner

Panda Antivirus pro 2010

MBAM pro

SAS free

A-Squared free

nothing, not even a tracking cookie :lol:

Good to hear :lol: (though I don't recommend Panda :lol: .... I'd recommend Kaspersky or NOD32 instead)