Privacy will not update.

rstarsky
Go to solution Solved by rstarsky,

• Root Admin

Hello @rstarsky

The logs show that it's having issues locating certain resources. It failed to find and download some other files that our MBST tool tries to grab as well.

Please get me the following logs and we'll see if we can determine why this is happening.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Hello @rstarsky

Can you please go into Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features and uninstall the following

Malwarebytes Privacy
Malwarebytes Privacy VPN Tunnel Driver
Wintun-Windows

Then restart the computer and download the latest installer for Privacy and install the program again and let me know if that corrects your issues

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbprivacy-online

Thanks

• Root Admin

I was hoping we could just do the removal and reinstall but it looks like we may need to remove all our software and reinstall cleanly.

Please follow the directions from the following topic to do a Clean Removal and reinstall

Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

Then see if you can reinstall Privacy VPN and let me know.

Wow I am having a terrible time with this reinstall. It would not reinstall, same message Error loading files. There are two files on my desktop. One is the mbst license and the other i mbst .clean.txt file. I told the program to reinstall MB but it would not. Went into c:/ folders could not find any MB files there. I am going to send you the txt file. maybe you can figure it out.mbst-clean-results.txt

• Solution

Success!!! Installed MB setup and it installed good. Then installed privacy  and it installed version 2.6.0.515 I then clicked the update button and it came back with info that I had the latest file. My license number was pulled off the desktop and entered in. Great work  !! I was beginning to wonder.   Thanks again, rstarsky

• Like 1