LBRY issue.

R2D21962
Go to solution Solved by JPopovic,

LBRY is a substitute to YouTube and they don't censor any video unless they call for violence or do threats. Planet of the Human by Michael Moore was removed from YouTube but can still be found in LBRY. Bitchute is another substitute to YouTube. My issue is Malwarebytes Premium sometimes thinks and warns me that LBRY is a Trojan virus when it ain't so. I have the whole folder of the site in the allow list but the program still gets flagged every time the IP address changes. What could be the cause?

Allow list.jpg

Detection history.jpg

Detection history-1.jpg

Detection history-2.jpg

Detection.jpg

• Staff
  • Solution

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We checked all these IP addresses.

213.152.162.104 - has been unblocked

111.92.81.25 - This IP address appears to have been cleaned up and the block will be removed.

186.29.28.76 - This IP address also appears to have been cleaned up and the block will be removed.

118.168.218.181 - Cleaned up, the block will be removed.

112.104.103.174 - Cleaned, the block will be removed.

Removal should be reflected in the next database update going out in a few hours or so.

Please make sure to check for MB Premium updates from time to time.

Thank you and let us know if you need any additional help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hello,

186.154.2.142 - This IP address appears to have been cleaned up and the block will be removed.

118.232.214.72 - legit block

203.69.243.225 - IP cleaned, block will be removed

86.98.19.67 - legit block

42.230.178.175 - legit block

36.226.31.183 - IP cleaned, block will be removed

213.152.162.170 - legit block

111.92.80.121 - legit block

192.30.89.67 - IP cleaned, block will be removed

45.176.110.163 - legit block

Thank you!

• 8 months later...

I see the issue was resolved on February 9th but I have a question that is related to this website.  I have a Malwarebytes Lifetime License but was unable to use it simultaneously with Iolo System Mechanic Ultimate w/Antivirus and System Mechanic is finding all sorts of different trojans attached to videos downloaded from this site.  As you know, that is how the site works, you link to their platform and any video you want to watch is downloaded, right?  This doesn't seem very safe.  Am I missing something?