PUPs Seem To Be Google Component

The attached report contains files that MB detects every time it runs. They are associated with Google, obviously. I've found other reports of these files, and the actions to remove them don't seem to work, and do not work for me. I've tried resetting/turning off sync/shutting down all browsers (I only use Chrome) and running MB and MBADW. If finds them, I quarantine, but as soon as you restart Chrome, the PUPs reappear; whether SYNC is on or not. Searching for the associated files, I find one called Nigori.bin and a folder called LevelDB. Searching finds very little on these items, however it seems they are part of Google code! If so, then they shouldn't be flagged as PUPs by MB! Let me know your thoughts.

See this link for what I found on Nigori.bin...

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/chromium/+/bf28bdecc48d82a19b16dd2963138372c2683549/chrome/browser/sync/util/nigori.h

MalwareBytes PUP Report 2021-02-04.txt

I wish I could report this worked, however the problem has disapeared before I did anything. I am totally confused, the problem has existed for 6-8 months and I deal with it daily by quarantining. After I received the above solution (which looks similar to all other solutions except one item) I went to try it but the items are no longer reported.  To be clear, the files that were reported are STILL THERE! Just Malwarebytes is no longer telling me they are PUPs. Cest la vie! For now we can close this. Thanks!

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you