Numerous BSODs daily. Systems very slow.

For the past couple weeks, I have received several BSODs daily (4 today) on 2 different systems (workstation and laptop), and both systems are slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through molasses.  I can hear the hard drive chunking away as if it is being scanned.   I don't use the laptop often, but the workstation is used daily by a teacher working remotely from home.  I just now turned off the real time protection, and it seems (for now) that the speed issue has improved.  I saw another post from someone with same issue (but did not mention speed issue).  He removed MWB, BSODs stopped, reinstalled, started again, then removed again.  You requested that he collect logs and send them to you.  Attached are my logs from the Support Tool.  I also run McAfee Total Protection version 16 (never was an issue in the past running both MWB and McAfee).  Please let me know if there are any other event logs you may need,

mbst-grab-results.zip

Greetings,

A recent update was released for Malwarebytes which may correct the issues you're experiencing.  To update, please open Malwarebytes and navigate to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then click the Check for updates button under the General tab, and once the update has downloaded and installed, restart the system and see if the issue is now resolved or not and let us know how it went.

Thanks

Hello @bkr512

Can you also please send us the following dump files . This will help us get to the root of the issue:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\013121-104781-01.dmp
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020121-58250-01.dmp 
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020121-76031-01.dmp 
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020121-53984-01.dmp 
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020121-40406-01.dmp 
C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP     

You can use https://wetransfer.com/ to send us the dump files.

Appreciate your patience and we apologize you are facing the BSOD's.            

• Root Admin

Hello @bkr512

Typically email won't allow large file transfers like that. You can use the following though to upload, and then provide us the LINK and we can use that to get the files.

Upload File(s) to WeTransfer:

• Visit WeTransfer.com
  • Click on I Agree

image.png

• Click on Manage Cookies

image.png

• Uncheck all the cookies and other Ad settings

image.png

• Click the triple dots for more options

image.png

• Select the Link option "Get transfer link" - then click the Message and enter a message.

image.png

• Click on +Add Files - Browse to the location of the file and double-click on it or click once on it and select Open

image.png

• Click on Get a link to send the file and get the link to post back

image.png

• Once the transfer completes, click on Copy link

image.png

• Once you receive the Copied! message please save in notepad so you can post the link into your next reply

Thank you

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated WeTransfer images

Well, I tried to upload dump files to WETRANSFER, but they would not upload.  I ended up running an optimization tool on the system, and it deleted the dump files.  System has not BSOD since I downloaded your latest update, so that is good.  And the performance has improved since I turned off the real-time protection (live life in the fast lane I always say).  I will see if the optimization helps with the speed of the system even more.  If it does, then I will turn real-time protection back on and see what happens.

Thank you all for the assistance thus far.  Hopefully I won't have to seek your help again.

Hello @bkr512

Thank you for letting us  know that the latest update has fixed the BSOD issue for you. It did have fixes for a few BSOD.s related to web protection.

However I would not recommend turning off real time protection as its opens up your system to threats.

Please turn it on and let us know how things go.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1