Windows going behind icons as part of the desktop

So in my quest for animated wallpapers, I first went to Windows Dreamscape and turned my .gif into a .wmv, didn't like how that turned out.

I then get BioniX wallpaper changer, and this is when I begin noticing the odd behavior. Toggling Dreamscape on and off caused BioniX v12.44 to not work.

What I didn't like about BioniX is how weird it seemed - and I don't know what caused this window eccentricity - or if there's anything I can change in the registry to undo this. 

image.png.26ecb2a2a3d72bcd4f246eecdfde84d8.pngError.thumb.PNG.d7d2937d4eda1f448b9b19b00056b049.PNG 

It looks as if BioniX has turned all your windows into 'wallpapers', so that they now appear behind the icons.

I'm not sure if BioniX is meant to have a setting to do that?
You may find something in the BioniX online manual, or raise a support ticket with them.

PS. The command message that causes that behaviour is undocumented by Microsoft, but if you google "WorkerW" you will find lots of coders messing about with putting things inbetween the Desktop and the Icons.
Here's one to give you an idea: https://dynamicwallpaper.readthedocs.io/en/docs/dev/make-wallpaper.html

It may have got stucjk there because BioniX crashed, so you might find that reinstalling BioniX, running it and closing it normally, may fix the issue.
Then uninstall it again.

Of course the drastic fix is to repair or reinstall Windows to it's default state. But I'd try talking to BioniX first.

Edited by nukecad

1 hour ago, nukecad said:

It looks as if BioniX has turned all your windows into 'wallpapers', so that they now appear behind the icons.

I'm not sure if BioniX is meant to have a setting to do that?
You may find something in the BioniX online manual, or raise a support ticket with them.

PS. The command message that causes that behaviour is undocumented by Microsoft, but if you google "WorkerW" you will find lots of coders messing about with putting things inbetween the Desktop and the Icons.
Here's one to give you an idea: https://dynamicwallpaper.readthedocs.io/en/docs/dev/make-wallpaper.html

It may have got stucjk there because BioniX crashed, so you might find that reinstalling BioniX, running it and closing it normally, may fix the issue.
Then uninstall it again.

Of course the drastic fix is to repair or reinstall Windows to it's default state. But I'd try talking to BioniX first.

I should've said earlier that while I may have experienced the issue before I uninstalled, I was able to document this issue only after I removed BioniX from my system. 
image.thumb.png.534b79924d5903b5544717333e4c7f99.pngimage.png.16d8e0fb62d806fa16f3be5b71c88b9d.png

• Root Admin

Are you still having the issue @BreadmanYan

Have you tried the following from an elevated Admin command prompt?

SFC.EXE  /SCANNOW

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

If still having an issue please get us some logs

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply as well.

Thank you