Home Depot google ad is a Redirect

Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

9 minutes ago, Przybylowicz said:

I clicked and called the number provided.

Did you allow them to control your computer?

9 minutes ago, Przybylowicz said:

Why isn't MABM catching this redirect?

The best way to avoid these redirects/ad's is to install and use Malwarebytes Browser Guard and Ublock origin in the supported browsers.

I didn't let it take control.  I wanted to see if the plugin would stop the redirect.  If I am going to resell MBAM I want to know it catches these things fast.  It did not.  I read about it on another Forum I won't name here out of respect.  I have run multiple scans and can not find anything was installed or executed on this PC.  I just want the MBAM community to know about this new scam.

HomeDepot SCam.png

Homedepot Search ad scam link.png

• Solution
Just now, Przybylowicz said:

I have run multiple scans and can not find anything was installed or executed on this PC.

The only fallout of those scam sites is if the user falls for it and allows a remote connection. I advise my clients to only allow me remote access to their computer all others are a scam.

Those redirects are caused by malvertizments caused by an AD. Malwarebytes Premium can get some of those but the sites come and go faster than it can keep up. That is one reason Browser Guard was created.I personally put both extensions I mentioned on all supported browsers on all of my clients computers.

Browser Guard works not only from a database but it is also heuristic as well and is designed to block those redirects. It is a recommended addition to Malwarebytes premium.

Robert, seeing you are a tech, I will pass on to you this. When I do service and when the client can afford it I sell MB. I set it to to run alongside Windows Security (Defender) in Windows 10. You have to change a setting in Malwarebytes or it will disable Defender.

Toggle the following setting off in Malwarebytes settings. Malwarebytes and Defender are a strong combination for protection.

2021-01-30_15h07_07.png

• 2 years later...

I know I;m like a year late to the party....but somethign just happened that kinda has me stumped. I was looking for the closest Home Depot to me, as I just moved to the area. I have Ublock Orgin installed on my browser. When I try to google "Home Depot" uBlock blocks the website and says this:   Could what you guys are talking about be part of my problem? Is my PC in any danger? Thanks in advance!
"

uBlock Origin has prevented the following page from loading:

https://bridge.lga1.admarketplace.net/ct?version=16.0.0&ci=1675373709154.12115&key=1675373709300100003.1

Because of the following filter:

||admarketplace.net^

Just now, HoPStA said:

Opera

Do not use so I can not reproduce.

Please do the following so that we may take a closer look at your installation for troubleshooting:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

• Download the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • In your Downloads folder, open the mb-support-x.x.x.xxx.exe file
  • In the User Account Control pop-up window, click Yes to continue the installation
  • Run the MBST Support Tool
  • In the left navigation pane of the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced
  • In the Advanced Options, click Gather Logs. A status diagram displays the tool is Getting logs from your machine
  • A zip file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your desktop, please upload that file on your next reply

Thanks