2014 Macbook Pro battery with fresh replacement still dies at 90 min.

• Staff

Greetings,

Unfortunately I don't believe there is currently any means of terminating or disabling Malwarebytes automatically when the device is on battery power, however you can terminate the application manually whenever you wish, including times when your device is not plugged into power as described at the bottom of this support article.  You can also disable the individual components of protection to see if that helps via the Stop Malware Protection and Stop App Block options found under the menu bar as described in the top section of the same aforementioned support article.

You can also disable scheduled scans if you wish to ensure that Malwarebytes never scans automatically when you might be on battery power, though if you do so I would recommend scanning manually on a regular basis such as once a week or at least once a month to make certain no threats or potentially unwanted programs have gotten into your system.

I hope this helps, and in the meantime I will put in a feature request to allow automatically stopping the app when on battery power to conserve battery life with the Product team so that they might consider implementing it in the future.

If there is anything else we might be of help with please let us know.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...