Unable to purchase Malwarebytes for Android

Hi,

Anyone else been having issues purchasing Malwarebytes for Android?

For over a week I have received "Something went wrong our end" when trying to purchase it.

I reached out to Malwarebytes support, but honestly, in the nicest way possible, their response was so dissatisfactory, it was actually unbelievable. It feels like they didn't even read my issue (or review my attachment) and gave me a canned response for something completely unrelated.

Since Malwarebytes is priced differently, I see no point buying Malwarebytes on their website as this is nearly £20 more expensive when I only want it on Android, I don't need it to support other operating systems (while still limited to 1 device...). (£10.99 in-app, £29.99 on website) So buying it online isn't really a workaround.

Greetings,

I'm not certain if this will help, but I did find where it corrected the same issue for at least one other user so it's certainly worth a try.  Please force stop the app, then clear the cache and user data, then restart the app and see if that resolves the issue or not.

Hopefully that works to resolve the problem, but if it does not you will likely need to await a response from Support on your help desk ticket.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

I'm not certain if this will help, but I did find where it corrected the same issue for at least one other user so it's certainly worth a try.  Please force stop the app, then clear the cache and user data, then restart the app and see if that resolves the issue or not.

Hopefully that works to resolve the problem, but if it does not you will likely need to await a response from Support on your help desk ticket.

I hope this helps.

Nice one Exile, done this and it worked - I can now purchase Malwarebytes on Android. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 9:57 PM, exile360 said:

Excellent, I'm glad that it helped.

If we can assist you with anything else please let us know.

Thanks

I don't suppose you know the complaints procedure for Malwarebytes?

It's to do with my case I opened with Malwarebytes Support - Due to support clearly showing that they didn't review my attachment (video of me attempting to buy MWBAM for Android) or even read my ticket text, I got a completely unrelated response. I would mark my issue as resolved, since it now is, but customers shouldn't have this level of shoddy service and I responded saying that I don't feel like my original issue, or the matierial attached was reviewed properly.

If staff see this comment: Ticket 3352101

I said I was unable to buy Malwarebytes on Android, and the agent responded saying I'm not able to use a lifetime license on Android. Since that response on the 29th January, I've had nothing.