Blue Screen of Death

E_J
Go to solution Solved by E_J,

I am delighted (take that with a grain of salt) that I found this topic.

Ever since installed Privacy I have had dozens of PC crashes. BSOD. No apparent reason. Windows event viewer tells me nothing that's directly related to Privacy; sometimes even refers to "possible power failures".

Around the same time this started was a big update for Windows 10. Lots of problems reported with that too; so I've had my hands fully troubleshooting. Even replacing my primary SSD with a new one, to the tune of $100.

I eventually removed Privacy; resulting in a fairly stable PC. Yesterday, after it running for more than 5 consecutive days without hiccups, In installed Privacy again. When it started up it was OFF, so I manually turned it back ON.

Right after that, POOF, BSOD. Not even a second after I clicked the ON button! I had seen this exact same behavior twice before in previous months. I uninstalled Privacy again; and now my PC runs trouble free.

I have submitted a ticket a while ago. Weeks. Haven't heard anything back. I understand, the Covid thing. And I'm not taking that lightly; my two closest relatives were found positive just in the past days.

I wanted to ask for a refund; but I'm willing to give this one more try. I want to use the VPN but it's only worth it on a working PC. But obviously the software itself is the issue.

As for the crash dump file: there were many times were there wasn't even one created.

Any help, please?

11 minutes ago, E_J said:

Any help, please?

Can you please collect and upload as an attachment the diagnostic data using our MBST?

• Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  • Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

The beta for Malwarebytes Premium was actually released as the final build already, so as long as your copy of Malwarebytes Premium is up to date you should have its fix for the BSODs.  The beta for Malwarebytes Privacy, which also addresses BSOD issues, is linked in the post above and I am hoping it will address the issue you're experiencing.

To make sure you're running the latest version of Malwarebytes Premium, open it and go to settings by clicking the small gear icon in the upper right, then click the Check for updates button under the General tab.

For the Malwarebytes Privacy beta I would recommend following the instructions outlined in the post I linked to above (uninstalling both components, restarting, then installing the beta) to help ensure that the non-beta version is completely removed.

I went to Programs and Features; but neither of those 2 entries existed. Most likely because I already uninstalled it last night. And I rebooted.

Next I installed the beta from the post you referred to. Interestingly the default installation path didn't work ("invalid path" message); so I created a new directory for it.

I'm about to click the "ON" button; but will have to submit my reply here first - just in case.

• 2 weeks later...