Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain (TLD) - BobBriscoe

BobBriscoe
Go to solution Solved by gonzo,

Like the church above, I have just been informed by a user that Malwarebytes is blocking access to our web site under the .info TLD.
Would a staff member please whitelist queenmaryslane.info which serves purely historical information about a countryside walk we opened up several years ago.

Could you also pass on this feedback to whoever it may concern within the company:
Please tone down the warning message for sites under the .info TLD in general. Otherwise Malwarebytes has allowed itself to be fooled into blocking legitimate sites by the collective action of bad actors.

Malwarebytes throws up the over-hysterical warning shown below "Website blocked due to a suspicious top level domain ... We strongly recommend you do not continue."
However, the statistics show that 11.7% of .info domain web sites are associated with malicious activity, which implies 88.3% are not.
A more appropriate warning would be "Warning: a fair-sized minority of sites with a domain name ending in .info are associated with malicious activity. Please proceed with caution."

malwarebyes-qml.jpeg

• Solution

The site has been whitelisted. Please allow 15-30 minutes for changes to take effect.

The warning message has already been toned down.  I do not know what the future holds for the message content, as that is a managerial decision.

If you report anything in the future, please make a new request rather than tacking yours onto an existing one.  I had to research the original, only to find that it was already resolved and something new was tacked on at the bottom.

• gonzo locked this topic