Jump to content

Requesting refund


Recommended Posts

I would like to request a refund for malwarebytes premium.  I'm still experiencing pc issues despite purchasing the premium upgrade. I also believed the payment would be a monthly fee rather than a full year upfront. I requested a refund through the support page but my ticket was delayed so I decided to come here for additional assistance

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, HullCogan said:

I requested a refund through the support page but my ticket was delayed so I decided to come here for additional assistance

The help desk folks are the only ones who can assist you with refunds. It can take 5-7 weekdays to get a response other than the automated ticket generation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The help desk folks are the only ones who can assist you with refunds. It can take 5-7 weekdays to get a response other than the automated ticket generation.

What do you mean by "help desk"? Is that different than a ticket reply? How do I get in contact with the help desk? Is there a link/phone number?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The help desk is the ticket system so there is nothing more you need to do, however you can post your ticket number here and we can ask the staff to see if they can get someone to respond to your ticket sooner depending on how busy they are with other tickets at the moment.

Additionally, we can help with getting your system back in proper working order.  Assistance is free of charge and available to all, including users who are not using Malwarebytes Premium.  To seek assistance with your PC please follow the instructions in this topic, skipping any steps you are unable to complete, then create a new topic in our malware removal area by clicking here and a malware removal specialist will guide you in checking and cleaning your system of any threats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, exile360 said:

The help desk is the ticket system so there is nothing more you need to do, however you can post your ticket number here and we can ask the staff to see if they can get someone to respond to your ticket sooner depending on how busy they are with other tickets at the moment.

Additionally, we can help with getting your system back in proper working order.  Assistance is free of charge and available to all, including users who are not using Malwarebytes Premium.  To seek assistance with your PC please follow the instructions in this topic, skipping any steps you are unable to complete, then create a new topic in our malware removal area by clicking here and a malware removal specialist will guide you in checking and cleaning your system of any threats.

Thank you for the feedback. My ticket number was originally 3356764 but after visiting the support page again I was given ticket 3357535.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Yes, the process due to high volume can take up to about a week. They will be happy to assist you with a refund though as you've requested. Sorry for the delay.

As for having issues with the computer. What kind of issues are you having? Perhaps we can assist you in fixing it.

Please provide more details on what issues you're experiencing.

Thanks @HullCogan

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the clarity. My computer keeps crashing unexpectedly and shutting down, in addition to being really slow and freezing for long periods of time. I'm planning on bringing it to someone in person to have it manually fixed. I currently have no interest in online tech support. I would just like to refund and move on with things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.