I uninstalled Malwarebytes and now windows defender is gone.

Hiya VinceCraig and welcome to Malwarebytes,

When Malwarebytes was installed if realtime protection was enabled then Windows Defender would have been turned off by default. Try the following:

Select the Start menu. In the search bar, type or copy/paste Windows Security
Select Virus & threat protection, Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings
Flip each switch under Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection to turn them back on.

Does that help...

Thank you,

Kevin..
Edited by kevinf80

7 minutes ago, kevinf80 said:

Hiya VinceCraig and welcome to Malwarebytes,

When Malwarebytes was installed if realtime protection was enabled then Windows Defender would have been turned off by default. Try the following:

Select the Start menu. In the search bar, type or copy/paste Windows Security
Select Virus & threat protection, Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings
Flip each switch under Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection to turn them back on.

Does that help...

Thank you,

Kevin..

As you can see on the picture below there is no Manage Settings/Real-time protection and Cloud-delivered protection underneath the Virus & threat protection settings

Windefgone.png

Hiya VinceCraig,

Windows Defender is a "built in" program, as such I thought it could not be unnstalled or deleted... Ty the following:

1.    Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.

2.    On right top corner click on View and then select large items.

3.    Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it. 

Does that work...?

Thank you,

Kevin..

58 minutes ago, kevinf80 said:

Hiya VinceCraig,

Windows Defender is a "built in" program, as such I thought it could not be unnstalled or deleted... Ty the following:

1.    Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.

2.    On right top corner click on View and then select large items.

3.    Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it. 

Does that work...?

Thank you,

Kevin..

It didn't work, but I have found a solution online on how to enable it in registry error. Thank you Kevin.

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you