Windows Defender Blank Screen

Hi.    :welcome:

My name is Maurice.  I will be guiding you.  Kindly let me know what name you go by.

As we go along, I will want you to attach reports into reply.   Not to use "gyazo".

I need a couple of reports so I can determine what is going or not going on here.  It is highly likely there is some thing missing on the system.

Download   Farbar's Service Scanner utility
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-service-scanner/dl/62/
and Save to your Desktop.

If using Windows 7/8 or Windows 10, Right-Click on fss.exe and select Run As Admisnitrator.

Answer Yes to ok when prompted.

If your firewall then puts out a prompt, again, allow it to run.

Once FSS is on-screen, be sure the following items are checkmarked:
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center/Action Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Other services

Click on "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Copy & Paste contents of FSS.txt into your reply.

[    2     ]

I am presuming your system is a 64-bit one.

Please download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-bit and save it to your desktop.

Right-click on FRST64.exe     and select Run as Administrator to start the tool , and reply YES to allow it to proceed and run.

_Windows 10 users will be prompted about Windows *SmartScreen protection* - click line More info information on that screen and click button Run anyway on next screen._
Click YES when prompted by Windows U A C prompt to allow it to run.
Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info & followup & choose Run anyway.

Approve the Windows UAC prompt on Windows Vista and newer operating systems by clicking on Continue or Yes. 

Click Yes when the  *disclaimer* appears in FRST.
The tool may want to update itself - in that case you'll be prompted when the update is completed and ready to use.

Make sure that Addition options is *checked* - the configuration should look exactly like on the screen below (do not mark additional things unless asked).
Press Scan button and wait.

image.png.5d47975010636d1d032768cefa8d6625.png

The tool will produce 2  logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt , Addition.txt 

Click OK button when it shows up. Close the Notepad windows when they show on screen. The tool saves the files.

Please attach these 2 files to your next reply.

Thank you.

Edited by Maurice Naggar

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks