trial will not activate after i purchased

AZHockeyNut
Go to solution Solved by Porthos,

bought the privacy during the trial. every time i reinstall there is no prompt for the license key.

uninstall and reinstall, uninstall, reboot and reinstall (both with and without the premium running and the self protect off)

opened ticket in support not heard back just the generic auto reponder and the usual useless suggestion articles which leads me to believe Marcin has no staff working with him. The bot is useless as well and the usual COVID disclaimer means nothing. I opened a ticket 3 days ago and yet no email no call no nothing.  My trial will expire today and i cannot upgrade/input the license key. CLEARLY there is still some registry, dll, temp info somewhere that does not get cleaned up by uninstall process so it keeps thinking this is a trial. it is not I paid for it. 

any other ideas folks because short of wiping the system (win 10) there isn't much left to try

51 minutes ago, AZHockeyNut said:

I opened a ticket 3 days ago and yet no email no call no nothing. 

You are welcome to let us assist you here by following the above instructions or wait for the support ticket which is taking 5-7 weekdays currently for a response other than the ticket number generation.

Edited by Porthos
  • Solution
5 hours ago, AZHockeyNut said:

uninstall and reinstall, uninstall, reboot and reinstall

Can you please try something for me:

• Go to Control Panel - Uninstall Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes Privacy.
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes Privacy VPN Tunnel Driver
  • Reboot once
  • Then you will need to restart again and go to Safemode  with network connection. Following these directions here. Then go to Device Manager and go to Network adapters below and delete these drivers below:

MBTun Userspace Tunnel #2

MBTun Userspace Tunnel #1

WireGaurd Tunnel

• Restart in Normal mode and install the current version of privacy. Be sure the installer you use is new and NOT one you have already downloaded.

See if that works and lets you activate.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, AZHockeyNut said:

that worked thanks!!!

You are most welcome. We are always happy to assist and can solve most Malwarebytes product issues here and quicker that the help desk as they are backed up a bit lately.

The only thing for the most part we can not take care of are licensing issue as we do not have access.

Be safe and take care.🙂