Malwarebytes Crashcourse (Activity Center)

My idea for this is simple... An activity center, completely self-contained, so that new computer users can intuitively learn about malware and the field of cybersecurity in an interactive fashion.

This would be especially helpful for sending to relatives who aren't technologically inclined, or to young users who are still getting familiar with computers in general.

Obviously, this would need to be a free program, completely separate from any actual security products. But by teaching users about all of the different threats out there through a single convenient thingamajigger, as well as how to remedy or avoid them, that would probably be a big step towards a safer internet 🙂

What are your thoughts on this idea?

While it may not be precisely what you're looking for, you might find the following resources fit many of your requests/requirements:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/cybersecurity/

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/tech-support-scams/

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/

Malwarebytes Labs has a rather extensive library of articles, deep-dives, tutorials, guides, news alerts and other resources for the novice as well as the experienced user to learn about the latest threats and how to stay safe from them.  Other resources such as BleepingComputer.com also cover a wide array of subjects and approaches to security and general computing.

Unfortunately, as the saying goes: 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.', so even with the most user-friendly, comprehensive resources, if you can't get the people who need it to actually read it and learn from it, there's not much you can do.  I understand that the unfortunate truth is that most people just want to get about enjoying the internet and their devices and don't want to 'waste time' with tedious activities such as learning the ins and outs of security and safe-hex, so they (hopefully) use their antivirus/anti-malware and keep it up to date, hopefully keep their OS up to date, and hopefully listen when their more savvy friends/co-workers/family members/the news media etc. tell them to be careful of scams and online threats.

That said, the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned, so I'm all for expanding on the number of resources available for everyone to be able to learn about secure computing and safe online practices.

Edited by exile360
  • Thanks 1