When I open MWB...

When I open MWB it opens to a completed threat scan with the date and time in which the application was opened. Of course it is impossible to complete a scan at the same time you open MWB. I'm also not getting my MWB popups that a scan was completed.  I dug a bit deeper and noticed that my scans were taking much less time than usual. 6-8min as opposed to 15min or longer.  I decided to watch a few scans and noticed a few things.

1. When starting the "Scanning startup items" the items scanned was approximately 2,291 and completed at 2,491

2. When it proceeded to "Scanning registry" it jumped to to approximately 134,000 items scanned immediately. While in "Scanning registry it jumped from 134.000 files to 151,000 to 174,000. Then 197,000 to 214,000.

3. When it proceeded to "Scanning file system" the items scanned jumped to 262,000. The file items scanned proceeded normally up to about 285,000 items scanned and all the sudden jumped to 359,000 and finished.

4. After this scan I closed MWB and reopened. The home screen opened to a completed scan with the date and time it opened and the scan time/items scanned we identical to the previous scan.

It's normal for the Scanner UI to remain on the results screen for the last scan that was run until you click Done at the bottom right as shown in the image below:

done.png.ed19741192fefcdf14628041a68c847e.png

Once you click Done, the scan interface will return to the scan selection screen.  Alternatively you can click the arrow in the upper right to return to the main dashboard and from there you can click the Scan button to initiate another Threat scan if you wish.

The other behaviors you describe about the scan jumping during certain portions of the scan are normal and are primarily due to scanning of registry items which occur very fast.

You can learn more about scans and scan types by reviewing the information in this support article and you'll find further information on the general layout of the UI in this support article.  The user guide for Malwarebytes can be found in this support article in case you need to reference it for further info on using the software.

I hope that helps to clarify things and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

You computer needs a restart as well.

Pending File Rename Operations
==================================
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\New\PrintConfig.dll                        > C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\PrintConfig.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\New\PrintConfig.dll                           > C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\PrintConfig.dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate\1.3.139.65               

I suggest turning off fast startup in Windows. Then restart.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html