Potential remanence of malware and issues with windows defender issues..

Go to solution Solved by Maurice Naggar,

P.S I installed malwarebytes browser guard and updated zoom as per your suggestions.

One quick question :

does browser guard work smoothly with the malwarebytes web protection on malwarebytes premium?

Hi.

Should I keep the settings *Always register Malwarebytes with windows security* disabled?

Yes,   Keep it like that always.   because your intent is to have the Windows Defender to be the resident antivirus.

{  as I said before, the Premium Malwarebytes does still have all real-time protections in place .}

As to running Windows Defender, you have the full range of ways to do manual scans with Windows Defender.

Thru the Windows Settings  GUI.    as well as thru a Command prompt if you wish.  Figure out which is easiest for you.

See also this guide at Tenforums  How to Scan with Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com)

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you