Strange Norton scans on my PC

I bought Norton about 1 month ago but I never used it for this PC but I have used it for other devices. I did have to download to this PC first though. It functions as similar to Windows apps that don't have folders so it doesn't really have a folder which is something new to me. I started having GeForce Pop-ups today. Maybe because I connected to a different TV Screen but I've never really had them before and I'm not a gamer but I am aware my graphics card does multiple things. Then I started receiving Norton Life Lock scans which is weird because as much as it is signed in, it is not assigned to scan my PC. It scanned - if it were really scanning - only windows apps from what I noticed. I noticed that Norton doesn't really have a folder on the c drive.
I ran Malware bytes and it found no issues. I'm a bit concerned. I attached images of the scans and the life Norton life lock settings which I haven't touched since the day I downloaded it. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thanks

I'm crossing my fingers it allows me to post this time!

2021-01-10 (2).png

2021-01-10 (1).png

2021-01-10.png

Capture.PNG

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

We need more information.

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please Attach it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Select Click the Choose a File.
Navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file. It will appear in section.
Click the Saving button.

Please attach the logs for my review.

Wait for further instructions

p.s.
This program is updated often.
If it's identified as suspicious by your Anti-Virus program trust it if Downloaded from the link I provided.
OR, you should restore the program from the Quarantine folder.
====

• Like 1

Hi,

Your logs are clean of malware.
NortonLife Lock comes with Norton. I have it.

Check this article concerning the GeForce Pop-ups  which may be attributed to what is known as Push Notification.

How to Hide NVIDIA’s GeForce Experience In-Game Overlay Icons and Alt+Z Notification.
https://www.howtogeek.com/271199/how-to-hide-the-nvidia-geforce-experiences-in-game-overlay-icons/

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

• Root Admin

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Please review the following for Tips to help protect from infection

Thank you