Some question

Willy1
Go to solution Solved by exile360,

Greetings and welcome :)

While you don't necessarily need it, there are benefits to it besides blocking ads and trackers.  For example, it is capable of blocking tech support scam sites, phishing sites and certain other types of malicious sites without having to know the server or IP address they are hosted on thanks to its behavior based blocking capabilities (something that is impossible to do from outside the browser, which is why this ability is not included in the Web Protection in Malwarebytes Premium).  Beyond that, having it installed also makes blocks that are triggered by Web Protection redirect to the block page more quickly which can speed up browsing when content is blocked by Web Protection and Browser Guard.  Malwarebytes Browser Guard includes 4 specific categories for blocks as shown below and as documented in this support article as well as this support article:

Options.png.dd2c4e94928bfc112f76b4b7e4fc0945.png

Also, as you can see above, you can disable any category of website from being blocked, so if you don't want ads and trackers to be blocked, you may keep those options disabled, however if you are concerned because you already use other browser extensions to block ads and/or trackers such as uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger or Ghostery etc., they work just fine together, including with all modules enabled.  If the same content is blocked by two or more add-ons/extensions, the content simply gets handled by whichever extension/add-on is triggered to block the content first; it does not result in such content failing to be blocked.  You can also add a site to Malwarebytes Browser Guard's Allow List if you choose to.  Additional info on Browser Guard's settings can be found in this support article.  You can learn more about Malwarebytes Browser Guard and download it from this page if you're interested, and the user guide for Malwarebytes Browser Guard is located here.

Of course the choice of whether or not to install Browser Guard is entirely up to you.

I hope that helps to clarify things and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Greetings and welcome :)

While you don't necessarily need it, there are benefits to it besides blocking ads and trackers.  For example, it is capable of blocking tech support scam sites, phishing sites and certain other types of malicious sites without having to know the server or IP address they are hosted on thanks to its behavior based blocking capabilities (something that is impossible to do from outside the browser, which is why this ability is not included in the Web Protection in Malwarebytes Premium).  Beyond that, having it installed also makes blocks that are triggered by Web Protection redirect to the block page more quickly which can speed up browsing when content is blocked by Web Protection and Browser Guard.  Malwarebytes Browser Guard includes 4 specific categories for blocks as shown below and as documented in this support article as well as this support article:

Options.png.dd2c4e94928bfc112f76b4b7e4fc0945.png

Also, as you can see above, you can disable any category of website from being blocked, so if you don't want ads and trackers to be blocked, you may keep those options disabled, however if you are concerned because you already use other browser extensions to block ads and/or trackers such as uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger or Ghostery etc., they work just fine together, including with all modules enabled.  If the same content is blocked by two or more add-ons/extensions, the content simply gets handled by whichever extension/add-on is triggered to block the content first; it does not result in such content failing to be blocked.  You can also add a site to Malwarebytes Browser Guard's Allow List if you choose to.  Additional info on Browser Guard's settings can be found in this support article.  You can learn more about Malwarebytes Browser Guard and download it from this page if you're interested, and the user guide for Malwarebytes Browser Guard is located here.

Of course the choice of whether or not to install Browser Guard is entirely up to you.

I hope that helps to clarify things and if there is anything else we might assist you with please let us know.

Thanks

OK, then I would only turn off ads/trackers function
Because it lower my browsing speed

1 minute ago, exile360 said:

It should actually speed up browsing because it prevents that content from loading.  That's one of the benefits of using it, but again, you can control it and configure it any way you choose.

Ok.thank you.

Because I have already installed the desktop version of Adguard, I think it slows down my browsing speed.

• Solution

Ah, I see.  That could actually be due to a conflict between AdGuard's WFP driver and the Web Protection in Malwarebytes Premium.  It is possible to continue using AdGuard with its WFP filter disabled so that you don't lose performance but still benefit from the blocking in both programs.  If you wish to do so, instructions can be found in this AdGuard support article.

49 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Ah, I see.  That could actually be due to a conflict between AdGuard's WFP driver and the Web Protection in Malwarebytes Premium.  It is possible to continue using AdGuard with its WFP filter disabled so that you don't lose performance but still benefit from the blocking in both programs.  If you wish to do so, instructions can be found in this AdGuard support article.

Ok,thank you