C89CAC39BCD2FA2DCC56D7EE84FF66127BCECCAE400E119FE41BF4C4D769504B

Physical Sector: 0
(No malicious items detected)

WMI: 0
(No malicious items detected)

(end)

malwarebytes jan3 2021 3 am.txt

Thank you Tammy.

I quarantined both items-- that file and that registry key. I'm a bit hesitant to release those from quarantine to re-scan, as I'd have a hard time locating that registry key if restored.

Both items are prefaced by: Malware.Sandbox.13

What does that mean?

=============

Eliuri

Windows 7

Malwarebytes Premium 4.3.0

Hi Eliuri-

I just had one of my clients tell me about a nearly identical detection just last night.  A file (also in the "Common Files" folder) and its corresponding registry key (also in "CurrentControlSet/Services"):

Malware.Sandbox.13, C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

Malware.Sandbox.13, HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MDM

This detection came up last night during the scheduled daily scan, and interestingly this computer has been powered on but not actually in use since mid-December.  So I am pretty confident that it’s a false positive since nothing on this machine has changed in weeks.

Anyway, I hope that helps.  I noticed MWB hadn't responded to you in a few days, so I figured I'd share my findings with you.  And thought this might help anyone else searching the forums for "malware.sandbox" like I did to find this thread.

Hi Eliuri-

I just had one of my clients tell me about a nearly identical detection just last night.  A file (also in the "Common Files" folder) and its corresponding registry key (also in "CurrentControlSet/Services"):

Malware.Sandbox.13, C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

Malware.Sandbox.13, HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\MDM

This detection came up last night during the scheduled daily scan, and interestingly this computer has been powered on but not actually in use since mid-December.  So I am pretty confident that it’s a false positive since nothing on this machine has changed in weeks.

Anyway, I hope that helps.  I noticed MWB hadn't responded to you in a few days, so I figured I'd share my findings with you.  And thought this might help anyone else searching the forums for "malware.sandbox" like I did to find this thread.