VPN service error

Hi, I just bought the Malwarebytes Premium plus Privacy package, for a 2-year subscription, and now, I seem to be having a very similar issue to the gentleman, above. 

I tried issuing a ticket, through mb-support, but I'm not sure if it worked, successfully?

So, that's why I'm writing here. 

Same apparent problem: Malwarebytes Privacy keeps giving me this VPN service error. I've tried re-starting, updating, and I've also tried selecting other server-locations.
Also, the first time that I got this error, I had accidentally clicked OFF, when it was trying to connect, and after that, I got a message telling me to un-install the whole program, and re-install it. I can't find an "official un-installer" in the Malwarebytes Privacy program-files, so I'm not sure what the best way would be, to un-install this?

After that happened, I just kept getting the same VPN service error, over and over.

I would like help with this serious issue, please. Also, I would like to know if the gentleman above, "Uncle_Adolph", ever got his problem successfully resolved? It seems as though your technical supporters were unable to help him, and stopped trying to help, and stopped communicating with him, after about a month? 

I hope that isn't the case, but as a customer who's just now paid over $200 for your product, I find that really disconcerting. I would like to have the assurance that your support-staff won't ignore me, or forget about me, and will continue to help me, for as long as I need help.

I would also like to know that, if this problem can't be resolved in a timely fashion---And, I'm a patient and reasonable person, and we can discuss what "a timely fashion" would construe, but I'm not going to wait forever, before asking for a refund---If this can't be fixed within a reasonable amount of time, then I want to know that the subscription that I've purchased for your product, will be extended, for free, for a period equal to the time that I can't fully use my Premium + Privacy bundle. 

Respectfully, these are the expectations that I have, as your customer-in-need. If I can't count on Malwarebytes to fulfill them, then please let me know, so that I can just go get a refund, now, rather than wasting a lot of my time, and yours, trying to get this problem solved, only to end up, angry and frustrated. 

I don't mean this to be rude---not at all, and I've always liked Malwarebytes---I've happily recommended your service to a lot of other people, in the past. 

I just really hope that you can help me with this, and I will do my very best to be a good and loyal customer. The above Forum-post has me a little worried, though; and I would just like some assurances, that I'm going to be well-taken-care-of. 

Thank you so much for all your time and assistance, and I wish you happy Holidays!

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Root Admin

Hello @minier81

Please go to Control Panel, Add/Remove and uninstall the following

Bonjour

Are you really still using this from Comcast from 2008?

S4 sprtsvc_ddoctorv2; C:\Program Files (x86)\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe [202560 2008-04-24] (Comcast -> SupportSoft, Inc.)

Let me have you temporarily uninstall Malwarebytes using our MBST Support tool
Uninstall and reinstall Malwarebytes using the Malwarebytes Support Tool

For now, please do not allow it to reinstall the program. Decline the install and let it just remove Malwarebytes and restart the computer.

Then after the restart please run the following fix.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop or location where you ran FRST from.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64, and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Please make sure you disable any real time antivirus or security software before running this script. Once completed make sure you re-enable it.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or wherever you ran FRST from. Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

NOTE-1:  This fix will run a scan to check that all Microsoft operating system files are valid and not corrupt and attempt to correct any invalid files. It will also run a disk check on the restart to ensure disk integrity. Depending on the speed of your computer this fix may take 30 minutes or more.

NOTE-2: As part of this fix all temporary files will be removed. If you have any open web pages that have not been bookmarked please make sure you bookmark them now as all open applications will be automatically closed. Also, make sure you know the passwords for all websites as cookies will also be removed. The use of an external password manager is highly recommended instead of using your browser to store passwords.

The following directories are emptied:

• Windows Temp
  • Users Temp folders
  • Edge, IE, FF, Chrome and Opera caches, HTML5 storages, Cookies and History
  • Recently opened files cache
  • Flash Player cache
  • Java cache
  • Steam HTML cache
  • Explorer thumbnail and icon cache
  • BITS transfer queue (qmgr*.dat files)
  • Recycle Bin

Important: items are permanently deleted. They are not moved to quarantine. If you have any questions or concerns please ask before running this fix.

The system will be rebooted after the fix has run.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

Then after that clean up and restart go ahead and run FRST again and post back all 3 new logs

FRST, Additions, and Fixlog

I'll check back on you again in the morning

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Tips to help protect from infection

Thanks