Malwarebytes Privacy Cannot Connect

Hi

Thanks for the help. I did the update. The edge still doesnt work (I get errors like in the printscreen). The "old" internet explorer works normal.

I will be offline now until tomorrow because its late now for me.

Kind regards.

Screenshot (1).png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I will do the update now.

Posted Images

• Root Admin

Okay, try uninstalling MS Edge via the Control Panel, Add/Remove

Then reboot. Then download a new fresh installer for it.

Does Google Chrome or Firefox have an issue?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/download-the-new-microsoft-edge-based-on-chromium-0f4a3dd7-55df-60f5-739f-00010dba52cf

Hi

Thanks for the help.

I reinstalled the Edge. It works better now, but it is still slow. It always says that it is "downloading a Proxyskript" (you can see that on my Printscrren, the message is at the left side on the bottom). I think its that message that made the Edge slow. 

The "old" internet explorer and the firefox (installend now new) work well on that PC.

On the other PC and Laptops in the house the Edge work normaly.

Kind regards

Screenshot.png

• Root Admin

I'm pretty sure it's just settings in MS Edge that is causing the issue and it needs more aggressive cleaning. Uninstall does not remove many of the files and folders.

We have the following for Google Chrome and since they're based on the same base Chromium browser it may help some. Obviously not the exact same and links would be different but I don't have an extensive article on cleaning MS Edge at this point.

• Root Admin

Hello @Saphir

How is the computer running overall now?

The logs in general look pretty good. If all is working well I'd like you to create a new system restore point and then restart the computer and install Malwarebytes Privacy and once again do another restart of the computer even though it should not ask you to do so.

Then let me know if you're able to activate, connect and use Malwarebytes Privacy VPN

Thank you

• Root Admin

Please try exiting the browser. Then relaunch it and see if it makes any difference.

Then try to connect to a different server and see if it works or not.

For some reason it looks like you're not obtaining the correct DNS entry information from the VPN server.

• Root Admin

Thank you for the logs. I'm going to see if I can work with our QA Team and see if they can duplicate this or possibly find the real cause. Originally your computer had a lot of issues but we've cleaned up most all of the issues.

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Thank you for the new logs @Saphir

I have requested that Management assign a QA Technician to this issue for further investigation.

Let me get the following additional log in case there is some type of hardware issue or driver issue.

Please download HWiNFO the Professional System Information and Diagnostics program.
HWiNFO Portable for Windows

Unzip the program to its own folder such as: C:\HWiNFO
Go to the new folder and locate the file C:\HWiNFO\HWiNFO64.exe and double-click to run it.
Click the RUN button.
Ignore the update, click close.
Click on Save Report and choose HTML and click Next, then Finish
By default, it will create a new report named COMPUTER.HTM in the same folder as the program. C:\HWiNFO
Please zip that file and attach it to your next reply

Thank you